Tow powers

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
The thing is I'm trying to budget having enought cash to buy a streetbike this winter when the costs are down (4500-5500) so that puts high powers out of the question. High powers would pretty much be my whole summers pay plus some.

Only reason I'm even considering this is because Tyler Dillard is selling his and Benbou is selling his 60's. I've always told myself I wouldn't waste money on the TP's because I wouldn't be happy but I'd just be adding the 60s and the tow powers which would be no where near the cost of the High powers. I'm sure maybe 2 or 3 years down the road I'll either go to max powers or have a different truck, just not ready to drop that much quite yet.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The thing is I'm trying to budget having enought cash to buy a streetbike this winter when the costs are down (4500-5500) so that puts high powers out of the question. High powers would pretty much be my whole summers pay plus some.

Only reason I'm even considering this is because Tyler Dillard is selling his and Benbou is selling his 60's. I've always told myself I wouldn't waste money on the TP's because I wouldn't be happy but I'd just be adding the 60s and the tow powers which would be no where near the cost of the High powers. I'm sure maybe 2 or 3 years down the road I'll either go to max powers or have a different truck, just not ready to drop that much quite yet.

i would wait then.

HD F250

Reaction score
I am going to follow Mike's build. I followed his build closely and I like that it's simple and straight forward with good power and streetable. I have a bunch of money in bank, so I know your feeling of it burning a whole in your pocket:)

I am holding out for HP's, Suncoast, EGR delete w/wastegate and all cab off mods at once.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I am going to follow Mike's build. I followed his build closely and I like that it's simple and straight forward with good power and streetable. I have a bunch of money in bank, so I know your feeling of it burning a whole in your pocket:)

I am holding out for HP's, Suncoast, EGR delete w/wastegate and all cab off mods at once.

IMHO thats the best way to make decent power, low egts, and have a completely reliable stock fuel system other than an air dog

Thanks for the email too!!

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
I think you're crazy to share the street on a bike with all these knuckle heads texting, doing nails, and not paying attention. I have mad bike skills but I'm smarter than that... I say 450 dirt bike or high-powers, same price....

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I think you're crazy to share the street on a bike with all these knuckle heads texting, doing nails, and not paying attention. I have mad bike skills but I'm smarter than that... I say 450 dirt bike or high-powers, same price....

im with you on that, i love riding but its much safer to huck a 75 foot jump than it is drive on the street

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I agree with you on that. I tend to avoid the highways as much as possible, and always have an obnoxiously loud exhaust. It's dangerous, but I enjoy it too much not to ride. I'll probably start doing track days more and more, as I can ride and not worry about getting run over by a 16 year old girl texting her bff

Powerstroke85

Reaction score
I had a street bike and and cant beat getting on it and going for a long ride but like said, after i saw co-worker get T-boned by a young girl texting i sold it. Still want another one but then hop on my cr450f and go riding. I say do what you want but HP'S would be awsome.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
high powers are awesome, im excited to see how mikes truck does at the track but 690 on the dyno is awesome for all stock fuel

HD F250

Reaction score
I agree with the dangers of riding on the roads. It seems to get more dangerous all the time, but I am still riding my Harley after coming off of the crotch rockets. O2 you have to make the final decision.:confused:

high powers are awesome, im excited to see how mikes truck does at the track but 690 on the dyno is awesome for all stock fuel

I think that it will lay down good numbers, but even better is how good it is as a daily and towing. I am going to keep my HD F250, but need to tow a heavy fiver until I can afford a used dually too.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with the dangers of riding on the roads. It seems to get more dangerous all the time, but I am still riding my Harley after coming off of the crotch rockets. O2 you have to make the final decision.:confused:

I think that it will lay down good numbers, but even better is how good it is as a daily and towing. I am going to keep my HD F250, but need to tow a heavy fiver until I can afford a used dually too.

anyone who drives my truck would NEVER have a second thought if all they were after was 650+ . ive tried more setups than most. mine tows insanely cool in huge hp tunes, with zero smoke, ever, and much faster than stock throttle response.

powersmokin64

Reaction score
im with you on that, i love riding but its much safer to huck a 75 foot jump than it is drive on the street

I ride dirt and street, I know the feeling I got smashed by a van last year on my r6 and went to dirt but I found another r6 and had to have it. But i watch people much more closely now...dont mean to derail

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.