Tow rig setup

psduser1

Reaction score
Ok tell me what this is. When I'm towing heavy and turbo is spoiled up to 22 lbs then shifts to drive the turbo makes a racket. I suppose this is "bark"? What exactly is the reason for this?

When engine rpms drop quickly-at full throttle shift, say- the turbo doesn't have anyplace to push the air, Intake pressure spikes, and the waste gate is forced open to relieve excess pressure.
Or, if you are not waste gated, the air flowing from the compressor is stalled. Basically the compressor Wheel goes from 50k rpms to something much less-10k rpms-or some such number.
Few times of the second scenario, and it'll be forced upgrade time.:shocked:

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I unplugged my wastegate some couple months ago and not as bad but still does this. There's no play in the compressor wheel but it's chewed up some. The next thing I'll do to this truck is a t4 setup and bell turbo with some tuning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 72

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
Went to another show yesterday, same trailer, same horses just two different tow tunes. Smoke was almost completely gone, surge was gone as well. Needle on the pyro will still pass the 1200* mark with ease and there is almost too much fuel pulled out below 2000rpm. This makes trying to accelerate up a hill a pain.
Looks like I'll be having some more tunes sent to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online