Tow X turbos

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Will already has the smaller housing. The issue seems to be the combination of a heavy truck (F450) and the H&S tune locking up so early. The truck needs custom tunes to delay converter lockup back to stock. then it should be fine. The heavier truck definitely changed things.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i thought it drove nice on the street, but its so hard to tell because there are so many differences between wills and mine, plus will doesnt really have issues untill getting on the highway or pulling his big trailer

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Tunes are built and I should have them in a few days time. I also had Mike put in a overdrive lockout witch will help tremendously.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I still don't have the custom tunes . I think he must of had a lot of meetings last week . I know I'm not the only one. Plus where I'm working has bad service so that makes it hard. I've been messing with the H&S tuning and its a lot better. I also found out was only one the 250 default tune. I forgot to reinstall . Hopefully some custom tunes this week. I did get a full detail today and got it back to normal for the guys who saw it in the last couple weeks.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Well im back in AZ. I put the kem tunes in. I had him build me a 75-150 tow tunes. Im running the 150 empty and it ***kin awesome! No smoke, highest egt is 1380 from a stop to 85. Backpressure problem at highway speeds is fixed. I could use slot more fuel running empty. Im going to try Mike tomorrow for some more tunes.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
great news! it will only get a lot better with more fuel!!!

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Its coming along. I had to change the compressor housing today as well on the lp. It had a slight leak due to a machining problem. No big deal less than a hour with my traveling kit. It feels like it stalls out at times from lack at fuel. But like I said these are tow tunes. more will come with some empty tunes built.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Its coming along. I had to change the compressor housing today as well on the lp. It had a slight leak due to a machining problem. No big deal less than a hour with my traveling kit. It feels like it stalls out at times from lack at fuel. But like I said these are tow tunes. more will come with some empty tunes built.

mine with tight housing would stall on shifts and on converter lockup, but since going to the bigger a/r ...it basically went away. with the tight housing i really had to learn how to drive it, tow/haul was my friend until i learned.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
mine with tight housing would stall on shifts and on converter lockup, but since going to the bigger a/r ...it basically went away. with the tight housing i really had to learn how to drive it, tow/haul was my friend until i learned.

I haven't tried that yet. I was running nothing but tow/haul prior on a suggestion from Dustin. With success for what it was. I will give it a try again tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online