Tow X turbos

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Taking no chances from here. Dustin is sending his gate and Gabe called a little bit ago and ups should deliver by 10:30. I'm not real sure how it will fit so even if it does show i will have Dustins gate just in case it don't fit.

White_monster

Reaction score
Tial's 44mm gate and Precision's 46mm gate use the exact same mounting flanges. It even says so on both manufactures technical specs. You should be good to go Will

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I worried about the gate hitting the firewall. I'm sure it will fit in the flanges. I should look up the dia. of both. What do you think shane?

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Tonight was a long night. I got the wastegate changed. I put 1bar spring set up in. I plumbed it normally but its still not working great. I'm going to try regulating boost to the side port. The bottom end is way better but it fall on its face out on the highway.

I pulled the down pipe and beat on it with a hammer unfortunately. Its not hitting the firewall any more but now its hitting my tranny line. Hard. Needs more work.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Should be able to bend the tranny line out of the way enough by hand. I had to bend my tanny dip stick tube cause it rubbed.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
glad to see you got that gate in parts dropped the ball on shipping you my gate so it was sitting here this morning.

When are you comming thru cheyenne, might be able to help tonight if possible, let me know.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Not till tomorrow morning. If i can't get this turbo to work and the egts down i may not make it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
what tune are you running on?

Try a bigger tune, i know it sounds counter productive but try it, i always had better egts with bigger tunes

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Trucks running good finally. I had to due a few spring changes on the wastegate. Then thanks to Dustin and the guys at Hallers repair we put it on the dyno at the ATS function and fine tuned it a little. I was unable to get the wavier out to kem on the custom tunes in time. So Monday. That being said it made 534 on the H&S 300 tune in overdrive. There is more to be had. Just a start till i get custom tunes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.