Towing with the 350 DRW

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Glad to see your enjoying the new toy. Not to pour salt in the wound but, I just pulled my 16,000lb 5er up a 2 mile long steadily increasing incline that ends at 10% into a 40mph head wind doing 65mph. Never down shifted and egts just touched 1200deg with some throttle left on a street tune. Dont mind the industrial turbos that much. I would have cooked the engine on stock turbos. Need a bigger CAI though. Freshly cleaned filter and it was getting sucked in...

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Trip went well, over all.
17 k 40 foot 5th wheel toy hauler
350 with 3.73s on 17 inch tires.
On the flatter stretches, up 95 from FL to NC, 75 mph( 2,000 rpm ), didnt downshift once. 8.5 mpg on the ticker, 8.3 hand figured... Def doing a delete and small tune for the return trip though...

The 17s do fine, not as stable as 19.5s, but a much nicer ride.

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Don't 6.7's have a built-in upgrade in programming at like 10k miles where the power and MPG goes up? Or was that a bunch of bunk?

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Never heard that either but I did hear people saying that between the first 5k-10k miles the truck will have a noticeable jump in power (breakin period?) and I didn't believe it until I saw/felt it for myself.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Atsah

Reaction score
They def got thier **** together on that, you just click it down and can lock out the top gear you choose, so it will shift normal to whatever is on the dash its bad ass.

AND the manual mode actually works like a manual, it will stay in whatever gear you tell it to no matter what as long as the speed isnt to slow to basically stall the engine, ford def got that right considering how bad it was with the 5r, basically no control at all

I tried it and it works good.. The only thing I think would have been better is if they put the up and down shift on the dash..

WHY NOT

Reaction score
If you are using manual mode it does kind of put you in an uncomfortable position holding the shifter for long periods of time. It's the only time I kind of want a center consul shifter like the 150s have. Or a button on the steering wheel would have been sweet but there is already a ton of those.

Sent from my I fone 5

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Oh I see yeah a center shifter like my wifes fusion would be cool or something on the steering wheel would be nice. Hard to get your lean on holding the shifter lol

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Well, towing when deleted yielded a few extra MPG and no more down shifting...

H&S with delete pipe...

Every tune towed the same (on cruise control) EGTS, fuel economy, boost readings, etc...

The Lie-O-Meter, on the 6.7 is actually not lying... LOL the truck read that 44.6 gallons were used, and I filled it with 46.1 gallons, so, off by 1.5 G over that many gallons, is pretty impressive, judging by the Lie O meter in the 6.4.... That ***er was REALLY optimistic... LOL

unloaded went from 15.7 over 1500 mile trip from FL to KY and back, 5 over the posted limit

and now, unloaded at the same speeds, cruise control still, 1100 mile trip, is getting me 18.4 on the lie o meter, and 18.2 hand jammed......

Towed a small trailer, 5 over, about 5 K on the axles, and ran 12.1 mpg... over 700 miles....

I have not hooked the toy hauler up yet, but I will be doing that this weekend, heading from NC to MO... and Ill post up my results....

overall, this 6.7 is pretty damn impressive....

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Well, towing when deleted yielded a few extra MPG and no more down shifting...

H&S with delete pipe...

Every tune towed the same (on cruise control) EGTS, fuel economy, boost readings, etc...

The Lie-O-Meter, on the 6.7 is actually not lying... LOL the truck read that 44.6 gallons were used, and I filled it with 46.1 gallons, so, off by 1.5 G over that many gallons, is pretty impressive, judging by the Lie O meter in the 6.4.... That ***er was REALLY optimistic... LOL

unloaded went from 15.7 over 1500 mile trip from FL to KY and back, 5 over the posted limit

and now, unloaded at the same speeds, cruise control still, 1100 mile trip, is getting me 18.4 on the lie o meter, and 18.2 hand jammed......

Towed a small trailer, 5 over, about 5 K on the axles, and ran 12.1 mpg... over 700 miles....

I have not hooked the toy hauler up yet, but I will be doing that this weekend, heading from NC to MO... and Ill post up my results....

overall, this 6.7 is pretty damn impressive....

I wish my white truck did that well.. Time for more parts I guess.. lol

Latest posts

Members online