TPMS sensors

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Dropped the pressure in my 37s last night and apparently went below the allowed sensor pressure now it's alerting me in the message board. Any ways to override or reset it to accept different pressures? I want to run a little lower pressure without it driving me nuts everytime I get in the truck

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Minimax or some other similar device that lets you adjust the setting.

Maybe Ford could do it with their scan tool, but I'm not sure.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Wouldn't it, so I'm guessing the TPMS sensors are happy somewhere around 50 psi or above? I dropped to 40 plus running 5 psi in my bags so between the two it rides stiff enough I would like to stick to 40 but I know me and I'll eventually get tired of the warnings

FX44AU

Reaction score
F250 or F350? Lowest I could run mine was 58 psi front/rear without getting a warning.

If you can find a dealer that is willing to do it they do have the capability via an IDS tool. I couldn't get any of them to do it due to liability reasons so I ended up ordering an SCT X4.

Jomax

Reaction score
I have mine down to 20psi. IDS took it down to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arconalloy

Reaction score
F250 or F350? Lowest I could run mine was 58 psi front/rear without getting a warning.

If you can find a dealer that is willing to do it they do have the capability via an IDS tool. I couldn't get any of them to do it due to liability reasons so I ended up ordering an SCT X4.

It's a 250

Jomax

Reaction score
Whoa 20 psi what are you doin rock crawling haha idk if I'd go that low

Used to use the truck a ton off-road, 20psi is what I'd air down to.

Probably need to redo it to 40psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thor943

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to adjust the TPMS with the sct x4. I reloaded my P*P tune and it asked me if i wanted to adjust the pressure and I lowered it to 30 front and rear. After the tune finished loading my low tire pressure light is still on. I have not driven it since, This was all done in my garage. Do I have to drive it to make the light go off?

thor943

Reaction score
And for the record, I checked my pressure with hand tool to ensure I was well above 30 LOL

dsberman94

Reaction score
something i wish someone would give a shot is what my father tried and hasn't bothered to go back and fix yet for these tpms sensors. i want to see it work and a write up for people if it does work, i just don't have a vehicle to try it on. My father did this on his subaru outback.

What he did was went and bought some pressure rated pvc pipe, a bicycle tire style air valve, a solid pvc cap, and a pvc cap with a threaded hole for the air valve. it might be easier to put a cheap psi gauge on it and a ball valve with a male air hose coupler end but im not sure as i haven't done it. he put his together and it worked for a short time until it leaked enough air to set the light, which is the only reason why it didn't work. a ball valve with a male hose coupler could be easier to pressurize and release pressure. might just be a personal preference thing too. he pressurized his little piece of pipe and stuck it under one of the front seats and as previously stated the light was off until it leaked enough. taking your time and making sure all connections are air tight would result in a fairly inexpensive way to get the light off and run aftermarket wheels.

FX44AU

Reaction score
something i wish someone would give a shot is what my father tried and hasn't bothered to go back and fix yet for these tpms sensors. i want to see it work and a write up for people if it does work, i just don't have a vehicle to try it on. My father did this on his subaru outback.

What he did was went and bought some pressure rated pvc pipe, a bicycle tire style air valve, a solid pvc cap, and a pvc cap with a threaded hole for the air valve. it might be easier to put a cheap psi gauge on it and a ball valve with a male air hose coupler end but im not sure as i haven't done it. he put his together and it worked for a short time until it leaked enough air to set the light, which is the only reason why it didn't work. a ball valve with a male hose coupler could be easier to pressurize and release pressure. might just be a personal preference thing too. he pressurized his little piece of pipe and stuck it under one of the front seats and as previously stated the light was off until it leaked enough. taking your time and making sure all connections are air tight would result in a fairly inexpensive way to get the light off and run aftermarket wheels.

I've read about this being done and have never tried it personally but I have read that on some sensors rotation is required to "wake" the sensors. Not sure if there is any truth to that but I could see where it's possible.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.