TPMS sensors

Jomax

Reaction score
something i wish someone would give a shot is what my father tried and hasn't bothered to go back and fix yet for these tpms sensors. i want to see it work and a write up for people if it does work, i just don't have a vehicle to try it on. My father did this on his subaru outback.

What he did was went and bought some pressure rated pvc pipe, a bicycle tire style air valve, a solid pvc cap, and a pvc cap with a threaded hole for the air valve. it might be easier to put a cheap psi gauge on it and a ball valve with a male air hose coupler end but im not sure as i haven't done it. he put his together and it worked for a short time until it leaked enough air to set the light, which is the only reason why it didn't work. a ball valve with a male hose coupler could be easier to pressurize and release pressure. might just be a personal preference thing too. he pressurized his little piece of pipe and stuck it under one of the front seats and as previously stated the light was off until it leaked enough. taking your time and making sure all connections are air tight would result in a fairly inexpensive way to get the light off and run aftermarket wheels.

Doesn't work on the superduties, it's been tried, by the CARLI group on the Org.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
What pisses me off is if I drive the truck for longer amounts of time, it'll say there is a fault, blink for 2min, then go solid, then turn off after a little more driving. Never happened till I put the forces on and I have had them reset at discount twice.

Latest posts

Members online