Trac Bar Build

Cknox121

Reaction score
Looking to build my own set of track bars. Have some what if a parts list together:

8uvy2ave.jpg

Planning on making my own brackets out if 1/4in steel and using grade 8 hardware and using 1.5-2in OD DOM. Depends on what I can find around town.

Couple questions

Should I use ballistic forged poly bushings instead of the rod ends for the bar mount on the axle? Or stick with the rod ends? I don't want them to bind and make noise going down the road. I have read that my bars should be 60-64" long. So hope to use some existing holes in the frame.

Also I have seen some that have a stud welded on the end if the dom and going into a bracket with bushings on both sides. Kinda like the front if a bronco. Any advantage doing it this way verses that way?

Any advise and tips are welcome

Thanks

Cody

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
your idea about the bronco style frame mount is a good one. good articulation.

use the poly bushings on the axle end and the ballistic mounts on the frame side.

Cknox121

Reaction score
your idea about the bronco style frame mount is a good one. good articulation.

use the poly bushings on the axle end and the ballistic mounts on the frame side.

Iirc bigprwr did some like that.

And I was thinking the same. Just wondering if it would give enough articulation. I think ballistic says that with the 9/16 hole, it can rotate 30 degrees. I'm sure stepping up to the 5/8 hole will result in some loss of rotation of the joint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
Or what about using 2 ballistic joints per bar instead of a poly and a ballistic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online