Transmission question

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Hell if I know....whatever the Hot Street tune is on a deleeted truck.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Must suck to have to baby the truck around.

Not really....it's just a driver. I've outgrown my racetrack days. Actually been thinking about hunting down a no power added deelete file.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I'm at 45k miles and I'm bone stock and I have intermittent hard shifts and the occasional flare. I'm debating just ripping it all off and saying screw this extended warranty heading over to suncoast and having them build mine the. Ordering the rest of the B.S. I need to get this puppy running better.

COF350

Reaction score
I have a 15 with about 7500 on IDP tunes, love the freakin tunes but am really hating the tranny. To IDPs credit, you can tell the tuning on Hot Street and Race is trying to get a square peg in a round hole, meaning the tranny is very much so holding back the tuning. I only run the Race tune as it runs the best, and shifts the best, however I can tell already it's only a matter of time before I call Morgan.....can't wait to have some tuning designed to work with a built tranny...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
It's seems to be the general consensus that the 11-14 transmissions will hold a tune only truck indefinitely...minus being plain old mistreated I guess. The 15-16 everyone knows suck. For the tune only 15-16 guy that doesn't need a fully built trans is there any mechanical or computer reason we can't throw in an older trans or just add the clutches back into the newer trans? Maybe add better clutches and call it good?

Check your PM's.

Reaction score
I've also heard that the clutch material is Better in the 15s? Reason they went with less clutch packs?

Same, just less.

The sole 100% reason they took frictions out was to save money. 11-14 trucks were not experiencing failure. So to save $10 a Trans, they cut parts. You gotta think over a few hundred thousand units a year that's good money....

Same reason the gas version has even less frictions. They don't need it so ford keeps the cost down and profit up.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Bingo!^ De engineer to the ragged edge.

Have you seen or heard anything Morg on a stock 15 having trouble?

Jomax

Reaction score
Same, just less.

The sole 100% reason they took frictions out was to save money. 11-14 trucks were not experiencing failure. So to save $10 a Trans, they cut parts. You gotta think over a few hundred thousand units a year that's good money....

Same reason the gas version has even less frictions. They don't need it so ford keeps the cost down and profit up.

I c. Guess I'll just run it till mine blows then get yours.

Reaction score

Nah. It mine seems to squeal on 4-5 shift when towing. It's stock. I just hope it lasts till I can trade it off on a 2017!!

I c. Guess I'll just run it till mine blows then get yours.

If that day comes I'll be glad to help you out.

JMart

Reaction score

De engineer?

Thats actually just engineering.
"An engineer can do for a nickel what any damn fool can do for a dollar. " - H. Ford

TyCorr

Reaction score
De engineer?

Thats actually just engineering.
"An engineer can do for a nickel what any damn fool can do for a dollar. " - H. Ford

Yea. De-engineering. Thats what we called it when I was an engineer. You design something. Then an accountant tells you how to do it the right way. The name of the ***kin game.

JMart

Reaction score
Yea. De-engineering. Thats what we called it when I was an engineer. You design something. Then an accountant tells you how to do it the right way. The name of the ***kin game.

I guess times have changed. Now they teach us that is how an engineer proves his worth/earns his pay/justifies his employment/ by updating designs to save the company money.

Jomax

Reaction score
Nah. It mine seems to squeal on 4-5 shift when towing. It's stock. I just hope it lasts till I can trade it off on a 2017!!

If that day comes I'll be glad to help you out.

I seem to have something on my 6 to 4 downshift, gets worse towing. Jake told me traction bars, but really only does it when I'm at speed already (70 and I punch it.) get the feeling like axle wrap, but I don't think it's that.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I guess times have changed. Now they teach us that is how an engineer proves his worth/earns his pay/justifies his employment/ by updating designs to save the company money.

I interned in 00. I never touched a field or application where that really comes into play. You took the customers specs and turned it into a series of systems to achieve his goals. It had to work and work right. Rule #1. But we were a consultant. Provide engineering consultation for ANYTHING, like the bronze statues outside the Blackhawks United Center, but power production was 90% of our workload in the US, Canada (sister company in Edmonton), and an office in India.

I only saw one instance where the customer brought in a third party to "save money" and it bit them in the azz horrendously. From rewriting a rigging procedure (to reduce time spent unloading from a barge) to the way some hp steam drains were routed. It wound up costing them 40% over.

I have a buddy that worked for gm engineering pickup truck cab parts and I talked to him alot and I wanted to blow my head off listening to him talk about work. It made him a nervous type. Not confident. Now he works for Navistar lol

Im glad I got out when I did. Mucho happier.

Latest posts

Members online