Transmission question

JMart

Reaction score
I interned in 00. I never touched a field or application where that really comes into play. You took the customers specs and turned it into a series of systems to achieve his goals. It had to work and work right. Rule #1. But we were a consultant. Provide engineering consultation for ANYTHING, like the bronze statues outside the Blackhawks United Center, but power production was 90% of our workload in the US, Canada (sister company in Edmonton), and an office in India.

I only saw one instance where the customer brought in a third party to "save money" and it bit them in the azz horrendously. From rewriting a rigging procedure (to reduce time spent unloading from a barge) to the way some hp steam drains were routed. It wound up costing them 40% over.

I have a buddy that worked for gm engineering pickup truck cab parts and I talked to him alot and I wanted to blow my head off listening to him talk about work. It made him a nervous type. Not confident. Now he works for Navistar lol

Im glad I got out when I did. Mucho happier.

They probably preach that stuff to us because our University is really close with Peterbilt/PACCAR.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Could be. And you have to look at the accomplishments of the person teaching you. If they've only taught engineering, then you know its "those who can't, teach".

The place I worked nurtured a young boob that went on to invent the lightbulb or something...and they gave him the $$ to start Commonwealth Edison. :cool:

JMart

Reaction score
Could be. And you have to look at the accomplishments of the person teaching you. If they've only taught engineering, then you know its "those who can't, teach".

The place I worked nurtured a young boob that went on to invent the lightbulb or something...and they gave him the $$ to start Commonwealth Edison. :cool:

One of my professors worked on the guidance systems for the Patriot missile at Lockhead Martin. Another worked at the nuclear power plant at Comanche Peak. I have another one that also works for Bell Helicopter. We have some good ones for sure.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Considering the 11-14 trans has it's own issues as delivered what would one have to do. I'd hope the rebuilt/bought from Ford 11-14 trans has had their issues corrected (solenoids??)

Can I mount up a rebuilt Ford 11-14 trans using a '15 flywheel & TC using the '15 tuning? Or would I need some sort of "custom" transmission tuning?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Considering the 11-14 trans has it's own issues as delivered what would one have to do. I'd hope the rebuilt/bought from Ford 11-14 trans has had their issues corrected (solenoids??)

Can I mount up a rebuilt Ford 11-14 trans using a '15 flywheel & TC using the '15 tuning? Or would I need some sort of "custom" transmission tuning?

15 tuning will work, sort of. It's drivable, but needs some tweaking, as the shift points won't be right if you use a 2015 strategy and you will. Have shift flares low throttle on 2-3 and 5-6 upshift, 6-5 and 3-2 downshift.

I can make a custom file for our devices for a transplant, with a proper 13/14MY trans file on top of a 2015 engine file.

Reaction score
15 tuning will work, sort of. It's drivable, but needs some tweaking, as the shift points won't be right if you use a 2015 strategy and you will. Have shift flares low throttle on 2-3 and 5-6 upshift, 6-5 and 3-2 downshift.

I can make a custom file for our devices for a transplant, with a proper 13/14MY trans file on top of a 2015 engine file.

Just curious why? Never experienced any issues with doing this exact thing on all the 2015's we have done. Same pn valve body, same pump, same exact everything except for clutch count. Unless the clutches are improperly clearance'd there should be zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Just curious why? Never experienced any issues with doing this exact thing on all the 2015's we have done. Same pn valve body, same pump, same exact everything except for clutch count. Unless the clutches are improperly clearance'd there should be zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how it might work with a fully built transmission, but I can say that running a 2015 transmission strategy on a stock 11-14MY transmission has some pretty significant shift flaring at times.

The reverse of this, is that running an earlier strategy on a 2015/2016 will cause the C35R to slip on light throttle upshifts, and do some real funny **** on downshifts.

As far as a built trans, the only one we have in a 2015 here at the shop is the stuff Suncoast sent. I need to get up with you about a built trans for that truck.

Latest posts

Members online