truck runs rough with a cold motor

StrokinHarley

Reaction score
So truck has always ran a little rough on a cold motor, just changed my oil and its horrible now. So I took it to a local guy I trust he ran his computer says that injector #2 and #5 dont work COLD. Also says that injector #8 dropped in and out once while he test drove it. My question is how does an injector not work when its cold but is fine when its warm?

Atsah

Reaction score
The spool valve sticks until warm with an injector with a sticky spool valve..

cfdeng7

Reaction score
The spool valves that actuate the injector tend to stick when the oil is cold. Lots of guys have good luck with revx oil additive. But eventually plan to do injectors. What oil do you use?

StrokinHarley

Reaction score
I use the Motorcraft Oil for Powerstrokes, I know alot of guys have there opinions on oil. I figure Motorcraft cant be to bad. Thought about using the RevX but its just a band aid, think I'll replace those three for now.

ooo and thanks for the replies guys I thought it had to do with the oil being cold just didnt know for sure.

Atsah

Reaction score
Are you also useing a Motorcraft filter? and what are your fuel filter change intervals? Do you have the updated FPR kit installed? Your mileage?

StrokinHarley

Reaction score
Yes also running motorcraft fuel filters and oil filters changing the oil ever 4 to 5k and fuel filters ever other so 8 to 10k. mileage on the truck is 100,9xx bought it with 86k

Atsah

Reaction score
Yes also running motorcraft fuel filters and oil filters changing the oil ever 4 to 5k and fuel filters ever other so 8 to 10k. mileage on the truck is 100,9xx bought it with 86k

Sounds good.. If you don't have it, the updated fuel pressure regulator kit is about $72.00 at the Ford dealer, it raises your fuel pressure about 10PSI and your injectors will like the added pressure.. I don't know where you live but if it gets cold there you may want to use Motorcraft HD 10W30 or a 5W40 oil for the winter.. You can run a synthetic 5W40 year round no matter where you live..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.