TS Chip caution!!!!

spongebob915

Reaction score
20120228_091851.jpg

ToMang07

Reaction score
I'm sorry....but I call BS on that.... (Not you Marty, but TS)

I had issues with the chip turning in the black box and it kept causing me issues....luckily it did not fry my PCM. I have now run for a year without the black box...on REALLY crappy roads...and not an issue. (Knocks on wood.)

0fe97890.png

Marty

Reaction score
Well the guy at TS said that since you have to fight to get the 7mm screws in that means it holds the chip in tight.

I'm not bad mouthing TS performance at all. That's literally what the man told me.

:shrug:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a good fix??? Anything we can do to increase the thickness of the board.... not sure if there is any sort of dielectric grease or anything that will help keep a solid connection.

I flat can not get my dads chip to stay home, even with tape. After about a week the truck will randomly die and the chip will have to be removed to start back up

spongebob915

Reaction score
I sending mine to swamps to have it re soldered.
Yeah I have had my truck stall when switching tunes on the beltway doing 55 plus. Had try o put in neutral while turning the key on and off and changing tunes and trying to steer without locking the wheel. Lucky the both times I was to get it started and stay on the road

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a good fix??? Anything we can do to increase the thickness of the board.... not sure if there is any sort of dielectric grease or anything that will help keep a solid connection.

I flat can not get my dads chip to stay home, even with tape. After about a week the truck will randomly die and the chip will have to be removed to start back up

Perhaps you should re-read the thread - especially the parts about re-tinning the pins.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Perhaps you should re-read the thread - especially the parts about re-tinning the pins.

There is no need to re-tin them. I know for a fact i didnt scrape too much off.

I appreciate it, but as earlier posted the SD PCM is thinner than the OBS PCM. Just wondering if anyone has a fix other than tape

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
There is no need to re-tin them. I know for a fact i didnt scrape too much off.

I appreciate it, but as earlier posted the SD PCM is thinner than the OBS PCM. Just wondering if anyone has a fix other than tape

BUILD UP THE TINNING ON IT SO IT IS THICKER ON THE PCM IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FITMENT.

I've only had one computer where the chip fit less than "snug" - some were snugger than others - but the one that was less than snug - I built up the tinning on the pins. I don't know what the thicknesses are - I never measured and it doesn't matter - only had one minor issue.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
BUILD UP THE TINNING ON IT SO IT IS THICKER ON THE PCM IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FITMENT.

I've only had one computer where the chip fit less than "snug" - some were snugger than others - but the one that was less than snug - I built up the tinning on the pins. I don't know what the thicknesses are - I never measured and it doesn't matter - only had one minor issue.

Well thank you, i misunderstood your suggestion.

lukesdiesel

Reaction score
I installed a TS on my 99 tonight. Truck started fine and high idle works fine. Started to drive it and check engine light came on. Now it has no power.

Luke

907DAVE

Reaction score
A little bit of Stabilant 22A probably would be great for this....but only if you can afford that stuff.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Napa sells it, part number ECH CE1. List price for a tiny little bottle is around $150, but it goes along way.

Check it out, pretty good stuff.

Randall

Reaction score
well I guess I'll have to tape mine up. I been running mine for a year now with nothing holding it. I'm very lucky then, because mine is a 6 speed!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.