tuner question

Mikey 6.7

Reaction score
If I leave all my emissions stuff intact and get a dpf friendly tuner when I return the tune back to stock before I go to the dealer be able to see I have changed the tune before? I also would like to monitor my trucks vitals also if I could kill two birds with one stone. I'm new to the diesel world so I need some guidance. TIA

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Yes, they'll be able to tell if it's been tuned. Doesn't matter if emissions equipment isn't removed. If you're talking about an all in one package, it's hard to beat the Mini Maxx, that is if you're talikng about an 11-14 and an all in one tuner/monitor of course.

Keith

MikeH

Reaction score
Before mine was tuned a backup was performed and loaded on the SCT X4. The guy who tuned me worked for Ford for over 8 years and said nothing is traceable if everything is put back to stock. He said that there is a code thrown but it disappears after running 100 miles after being returned to stock.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
LMFAO. Your friend is wrong. Flashes are counted and Ford knows how many they did....you're gonna have a hard time explaining the rest of them.

MikeH

Reaction score
That doesn't make sense. If a total backup was taken then the flash count is exactly the same as it was the day you swapped the entire system. Unless there is a manual clicker like an umpire uses to count balls and strikes hidden somewhere. Essentially you are wiping the entire PCM database when you put the tune it. That table row would be restored to factory settings when you return it back. I'm definitely not an expert in the area but am willing to trust his word from working with Ford for a good amount of time.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Good luck is all I'm saying. There are plenty of guys here that will confirm what I posted.

MikeH

Reaction score
Not worried about it honestly. But it would be nice to find this out definitively rather than continuing the chicken and egg thing of can they or can't they. This question probably comes up quite a bit.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
It does, and it's been answered definitively multiple times. Your Ford friend is incorrect, sorry. They've been able to count flashes since the 6.0

jcain

Reaction score
No. It's Delphi's proprietary computer system. It can read much much more than IDS

jcain

Reaction score
Considering the pcm is their hardware and software... I'd wager there is more tamper tattle tales than anyone is aware of. It's more or less how far Ford wants to dive into it.

apkperry3

Reaction score
i have a mini max and it do a code reset on it and it works and u can retune to stock and ford can not tell if you took it to a part store or tuned it. Part stores can run a test on the cpu in the truck.

theplumber

Reaction score
Before mine was tuned a backup was performed and loaded on the SCT X4. The guy who tuned me worked for Ford for over 8 years and said nothing is traceable if everything is put back to stock. He said that there is a code thrown but it disappears after running 100 miles after being returned to stock.

They can't see if it's tune or not after 150 km or 100 miles if u are in usa . I lease my truck and my dealer give me the ok and he told me before bring my truck back at the end of lease put it back to stock and make a trip of 150 km and everything will come back to normal ! I am sure he know what are he talking about ! I ask him before install a tuner in the truck cause if problem come for the next owner
I don't want to be responsible of it !! I trust him cause it's my friend . But if you blow something
And bring back to stock and cannot make miles on the truck cause you blow your block it s done for the warranty.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Latest posts

Members online