Turbo discussion thread

duddy

Reaction score
Will the 72mm drop in low pressure turbos pass the 2.5 work stock turbo spec?
This is the rule I can kinda bend;
"Only stock-appearing turbo of same manufacturer is allowed. Must be factory make-specific. Turbo inlet not to exceed 2.5". Turbochargers from different years in the same make may be used. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may use the factory twin-turbo configuration and will be teched as such."

jdgleason

Reaction score
Will the 72mm drop in low pressure turbos pass the 2.5 work stock turbo spec?
This is the rule I can kinda bend;
"Only stock-appearing turbo of same manufacturer is allowed. Must be factory make-specific. Turbo inlet not to exceed 2.5". Turbochargers from different years in the same make may be used. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may use the factory twin-turbo configuration and will be teched as such."

If they actually measure the inlet, no. 72mm is larger than 2.5"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duddy

Reaction score
If they actually measure the inlet, no. 72mm is larger than 2.5"

Alright thanks. Yes, the tech inspection guy pulled out the test plug at the last meeting and made direct comments about. Thanks tho JD

Would running a modified high pressure do any good without changing the low pressure?

duddy

Reaction score
May have to look into that.

Yeah, a few guys asked, since it is "stock appearing" is there going to be any checks. The boys said I will have the 2.5 plug at every event. The group said **** all at the same time.

But fuel and everything else seems to be open other than going to dual fuels. Do you have any suggestions for a high side that looks stock?

B585Ford

Reaction score
May have to look into that.

Yeah, a few guys asked, since it is "stock appearing" is there going to be any checks. The boys said I will have the 2.5 plug at every event. The group said **** all at the same time.

But fuel and everything else seems to be open other than going to dual fuels. Do you have any suggestions for a high side that looks stock?

That's where the 6.4 is at a real disadvantage...there are no reliable modded HPFPs available.

duddy

Reaction score
That is the conclusion that I was starting to come to. May have to get a little tricky depending on the results of the first two pulls. May have to play with injector setup and tuning to get ahead of everybody.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Has anyone ever run something like the ATS aurora low pressure on their truck.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I really want the 72 or 76 elite atmo. But I have such a hard time swallowing that dang core charge. It's either be out of a truck for 2 weeks and send mine in or pay the outrageous core core and be out money for two weeks. I need to find a good used atmo and just drop cash on it

NathannialD

Reaction score
I really want the 72 or 76 elite atmo. But I have such a hard time swallowing that dang core charge. It's either be out of a truck for 2 weeks and send mine in or pay the outrageous core core and be out money for two weeks. I need to find a good used atmo and just drop cash on it

we have a batch of 76 atmos headed to us, also if it helps at all you could speed up the shipping to get things moved along a bit faster. Let me know if i can help.

Reaction score

If you send your turbo out on a Monday there is no real reason why we couldn't have you a turbo by Friday. Or buy a junk stocker off someone for cheap then sell your good one once it is off. $850 guaranteed core on atmosphere turbos.

Lots of good options here. http://www.midwestdieselauto.com/64-turbochargers.html

Btw I'm a huge fan of the 72 standard billet for the power per dollar.

The 75 though is just an animal. 60+ psi out of stock housing chargers is unreal. Especially with less than 80psi drive.

getstroked27

Reaction score
so heres my charger question for you guys. i am nowhere near smart enough to know this stuff myself, i mainly stick to the "make your truck look cool" side of things. i have the H&S single kit, studs, ported intake, pusher IC pipe and elbow, up pipes, blah blah blah. stock fuel. also, a bone stock, box borg warner s366/74 with a .88 undivided exh. ran it on the dyno last night and im only seeing 25 psi. same results on the street. we did a full boost leak check, it holds stronger than a virgins will power. we came to the conclusion i need a special built charger. dan (dans diesel) spec'd me one from engineered diesel for 1650. my question is which is better, a custom order precision 6766 or the BW from engineered. just looking for mainly difference between brands. dan swears by ED chargers, but ive heard so many great things about PTE chargers too. any help would be awesome.

Reaction score
Not trying to start anything, but why is everyone that is running the h&s kit seeing so low of boost?

We use plain out of the box s 366 cast chargers and are seeing 50+ psi. Add a the billet or fmw option they are a complete animal.

Once again, not trying to start stuff, but is this all indicative of the open plenum design?

getstroked27

Reaction score
just a plain 66/74? im not really sure man as i said this isnt my main forte, just really getting into the hardcore performance side of things. it could very well be that. im sending zane an email to see what he says.

Latest posts

Members online