Turbo discussion thread

jdgleason

Reaction score
I assume Zane is quiet about it because it's a Pius charger. Zane didn't build it more than likely and Pius stays hush hush about all his chargers.

getstroked27

Reaction score
ahh didnt see that. its gotta be something special to see the airflow he is seeing at around 2600 feet or so (i think) so i cant wait to see how it performs at sea level

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Cool! Lmk. I do have one here with a cast 66 on it. I'm not sure what the specs are on the h&s charger. If it's a cast wheel then I would say let's go for it! Haha, it's all in good fun. More scientific approach would be to dyno one then pull the turbo off and dyno the kit on the exact same truck with the same tune ect. Because as we all know there can be a good difference between two trucks.

Screw science when I get mine I will just swing it over to HTT for you. LOL

Reaction score
exactly. FYI, im the one on Illinois diesel mafia, they call me MR. Sargent. so i have a bunch of shops and owners with phone numbers listed. made sure your on it. and yeah, zane is beyond quiet with the specs, gonna have to bust out the micrometers and stuff when i get it in LOL ill shoot you a message on spacebook when the trucks back on the road, see what we can do about a dyno date!

Will do.

Zane posted in their thread that it was a 64mm billet inducer but kept everything else quiet. I would love to see a side by side comparison, do it guys!

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

Yeah, I'll have to see what I have that will be comparible to the 64mm to be fair.

I assume Zane is quiet about it because it's a Pius charger. Zane didn't build it more than likely and Pius stays hush hush about all his chargers.

That's why it's magic

ahh didnt see that. its gotta be something special to see the airflow he is seeing at around 2600 feet or so (i think) so i cant wait to see how it performs at sea level

Cody is running a 371 fmw at 4000ft where he lives. Pushes mid 50psi range. Only complaint is spool, which I warned him about at that altitude on stock fuel with that charger.

agreed. thats the plan here as well. assembled and installed pics and videos is what i can supply. no more.

No specs? Once you own the turbo you can do whatever you want to it.

Screw science when I get mine I will just swing it over to HTT for you. LOL

Deal. Lol

getstroked27

Reaction score
LMAO holy quotes bro! i just dont want to rub pius or zane the wrong way yah know? unless they give me the go ahead or they release it themselves im just going to be quiet and respectful. just let me know what you want to do in terms of a comparable comparison. should be a good time.

getstroked27

Reaction score
4ajy6y3y.jpg
epy3yda7.jpg

This is all you thirsty boys are getting ;) thanks to Zane for getting this to me so quick. Got paperwork to finish then it's surgery time again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSK

Reaction score

not sure if you have been in a truck or ever owned a truck that had a turbo built by pius in it, but they are magical....

008.jpg

littleturbomounted.jpg

I called bell turbo to get some specs on it, wasn't happening. he just told me it was similar to a turbo has out called the Aurora 5000 and his was out a long time before there's came. anyways I ran this turbo for some time and in 4wd i was able to brake boost and build 40psi with my extremely overfueled 12v cummins with a very tight converter, and piss poor tuning, and even driving it on the street it was a blast, quick spool up and full boost came on hard and fast. all I did get out of the old man was the inducer wheel was in fact a 71mm wheel and it was billet.

Last edited:

getstroked27

Reaction score
This is a 12v tuning stick (they call it)

LOL BRB DYING!!!!!!! FYI, on the charger i got from zane, no new dyno numbers or 1/4 mile times yet, however i did learn it is a 64MM induver. thats it. and i see 44 PSI from 2500-3850. driveability is much better, just cruising at 60 (1500 RPM or so) i can ease the throttle and see 6-8 psi instantly, then from there it just sorta spikes. IDK what pius and zane worked up for that, but yeah, it works real well. i did a photoshoot yesterday, smoothed out my old set of 37" toyos real fast, brake boosting is super easy as well. ill have pics and vids of that here soon i hope.

RSK

Reaction score
Where do you hook up the smarty?

lol mechanical tuning....type in jeff garmon in youtube...cole dow, phil taylor, brad ponci, darren morrison, no smarty needed, they all have good running dinosaur's. all mechanical injection. they are tuned well.

Latest posts

Members online