Turbo kit testing, what you guys wanna see?

Reaction score
0cffe2cca75fc4debbe0db5e56eb367d.jpg

Here's a pic of the intake piping on a 2015 turbo. As it will be used for those as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So you changed yore mind on that.

Nope. I said its a pressure manifold.

Pressure = forced indictuon = different than vacuum flow.

In forced induction, volume, and restriction to airflow are more important than vacuum flow characteristics. Reduced volume runners that work well to keep velocity up in a naturally aspirated cylinder head will impede air volume when pressure is behind it.

Same reason we don't use the same log style pressure manifold intake on the 1000hp naturally aspirated big blocks we built as we use on the pulling engines we build.

230c54cd0fdcb3829c0c0517c368a2bb.jpg

This would run like a bag of diks on a NA gas motor.

8984d27fe40d428219db11eebb024885.jpg

But this doesn't.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Nope. I said its a pressure manifold.

Pressure = forced indictuon = different than vacuum flow.

In forced induction, volume, and restriction to airflow are more important than vacuum flow characteristics. Reduced volume runners that work well to keep velocity up in a naturally aspirated cylinder head will impede air volume when pressure is behind it.

Same reason we don't use the same log style pressure manifold intake on the 1000hp naturally aspirated big blocks we built as we use on the pulling engines we build.

230c54cd0fdcb3829c0c0517c368a2bb.jpg

This would run like a bag of diks on a NA gas motor.

8984d27fe40d428219db11eebb024885.jpg

But this doesn't.

Why didn't you do all that in the first place? More welds and boots was never a good idea. Good work though it is a much better design.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why didn't you do all that in the first place? More welds and boots was never a good idea. Good work though it is a much better design.

Honestly when I started I had an idea of what it thought would work. Each time I built a style and used it on my own truck it showed that it was lacking in some area. But the main reason the intake is the way it is is because the last style would not clear s400 frame chargers. And I wanted a universal piping setup. Plus I did want to ditch all the boots for simplicity.

This kit will not be as flashy as others out there. More budget oriented. Retaining stock exhaust manifolds was part of that. It will not be for everyone. Just an option.

And thanks.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Honestly when I started I had an idea of what it thought would work. Each time I built a style and used it on my own truck it showed that it was lacking in some area. But the main reason the intake is the way it is is because the last style would not clear s400 frame chargers. And I wanted a universal piping setup. Plus I did want to ditch all the boots for simplicity.

This kit will not be as flashy as others out there. More budget oriented. Retaining stock exhaust manifolds was part of that. It will not be for everyone. Just an option.

And thanks.

Makes sense. Good to see you continue to change your product for the better.

jwlandry

Reaction score
I think I'm going to scrap my plan of doing the '15 turbo swap and wait on this kit to come out. I really like all the stainless piping.

Latest posts

Members online