Turbo kit testing, what you guys wanna see?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Well if that's true then why do people get vgt's?

Simplicity, bad experience with a non VGT, personal opinions. My non VGT spools at 1300 to 1400 RPM at elevation and supports enough HP I would ever want in a single charger, however if It did not and maybe didn't spool until 1800 or whatever I would want VGT. But like everything people want different things ya know.

Last edited:

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Lit by 1300 sounds good to me.
So I guess tuning will play a great deal in this topic, I'm SCT tuned and finding the tunes for a non vgt is the problem.

Would the non vgt be make more smoke from a dead stop? That is what my impression was?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Lit by 1300 sounds good to me.
So I guess tuning will play a great deal in this topic, I'm SCT tuned and finding the tunes for a non vgt is the problem.

Would the non vgt be make more smoke from a dead stop? That is what my impression was?

Tuning and the turbo ya. lots of variables there to say anything definitive.

Reaction score
Overall you can spec a non-vgt to work very well. But the main limitation is using a larger non vgt to make a desired hp then suffers some on the bottom end. A vgt is more able to perform in various different scenarios, while not excelling in all areas, it can be a little more versatile. And exhaust braking is the other reason. I have both setups both for different purposes. And either one is great in its own right. All out performance a vgt will not hang with one of theses style kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfulton

Reaction score
Overall you can spec a non-vgt to work very well. But the main limitation is using a larger non vgt to make a desired hp then suffers some on the bottom end. A vgt is more able to perform in various different scenarios, while not excelling in all areas, it can be a little more versatile. And exhaust braking is the other reason. I have both setups both for different purposes. And either one is great in its own right. All out performance a vgt will not hang with one of theses style kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hence the reason we went with a VGT........I wanted bottom end power..

Latest posts

Members online