Turbo Questions

50_shooter

Reaction score
Bending rods due to the low end tq the stock turbo makes.

Would you have that problem with most vgt's? What about twins?

608 isn't 650+, so would a different turbo have to be used?

Sorry for all the noob questions, I just want to make the right decision the first time.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Looks a little smokey in there...

Really, Nowhere near needing rods? Ive heard rumors of bending rods on a tune and delete, but that's what they were, rumors. I would love for some people to chime in that have popped a rod, and to tell the estimated hp they were at when it happened, and what they were doing. May do better as its own topic. I know doing a run on a dyno probably is easier on the engine that me beating it down the highway.

I said 650+ hp is where I wanna be, and zane said 600+ is what they are shooting for. I would be disappointed to put it together and end up with 550. In my experiences things are never quite as good as advertised. Not saying that's the way it would be. Im talking rwhp too. Ive seen that get confused before too.

I may be asking for unobtanium, when you figure the lack of smoke im looking for into the equation, I don't know. I've seen some badass 6.4's that didn't smoke a whole lot that had to be pushing 700 the way they pulled a sled. Don't know how they would work on the road though.

Bigger HP and great drive ability + towing is hard to obtain on a single. Just like anything else it is a give and take.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
S366 makes 650+ still 100 % driveable sean at Street diesel has our kit and loves it. Another local customer has the same kit and tows all the time with it. 6.7s spool better and drive better due to better headflow

50_shooter

Reaction score
How does that work with the Mini Maxx? As far as can you run 3 different tunes with it maxed out 650+ on high setting (for sledding or dragging, smoke not as important), then maybe a tow/street tunes that runs cleaner, but not as much power?

50_shooter

Reaction score
I don't want to derail here so if you read my thread on the GT4094 last couple of pages explains it.

Ya I realized that after I had posted. Sorry

Another question, if money was not a huge issue, would it be worth the extra cost to go with a more expensive charger like a Precision? I wondered if it would spool any faster or would be more reliable if you went with a similar sized premium brand. It would probably raise the cost several g's wouldn't it?

dseitler

Reaction score
Ya I realized that after I had posted. Sorry

Another question, if money was not a huge issue, would it be worth the extra cost to go with a more expensive charger like a Precision? I wondered if it would spool any faster or would be more reliable if you went with a similar sized premium brand. It would probably raise the cost several g's wouldn't it?

When I'm done testing and I have the shop set up I would think I would end up with one but the new S400's being tested now they have thrown me a curve ball. I still have to stay with my core beliefs a Turbo that spools very soon and quickly. Just look how far we have come in one year. Last year at this time the tuning for the 13's was not out yet and we were arguing about the banks tuner. This next year is going to be amazing that is why we all love this platform so much.

RickyB

Reaction score
Question guys. When you boost the hp by 200 hp don't you end up stressing the he'll out of your OEM drive line components? It seems that certain parts would get torn-up & wear out prematurely.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Question guys. When you boost the hp by 200 hp don't you end up stressing the he'll out of your OEM drive line components? It seems that certain parts would get torn-up & wear out prematurely.

Hell yes. With that said I had a cummins that made a large amount of HP and torque and I didn't blow the driveline for about 20k miles, with big stupid heavy 22.5 wheels and tires.

WHY NOT

Reaction score

So far they all seem to be holding up well at the power levels most guys are making. 600-650 ish. There are only a few guys making more than that and are running a built trans just for safety but for the most part I don't think you find a stronger stock drive line than whats in these trucks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.