upgrade non vgt

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Backwards for sure. Several trucks have put down 500 on race files with a stock turbo. Not to mention SPE's compound truck was on stock fuel.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Is spe using a different high pressure like the Dpc truck?

Shawn if it were me I would do an s475 over the stocker, use the egr pipe for a gate between stages. Fast spool up easy cool 500 HP

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Stock trucks on a tune make the same power, just FYI

Yes i had a stock truck with a tuner thank you. They also blow turbos and connecting rods. Before my truck made 440 and 900 i believe. Im also on 35s fyi. My hope is to add another Cp4 or cp3 in the future and have a reliable setup without pushing the stock charger as hard.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
And just for the record im not saying my setup is the best in the world and nothing else is close. Just simply showing my experiences.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Yes i had a stock truck with a tuner thank you. They also blow turbos and connecting rods. Before my truck made 440 and 900 i believe. Im also on 35s fyi. My hope is to add another Cp4 or cp3 in the future and have a reliable setup without pushing the stock charger as hard.

I've never seen a stock truck on a tune blow rods and as far as I know, the majority of turbocharger failures were related to the cab & chassis trucks. 440hp is pretty low. That means your single is about 20hp for $5k. Not exactly the results I'd be looking for at that money level. To each their own

Last edited:

stacked6.7

Reaction score
I've never seen a stock truck on a tune blow rods and as far as I know, the majority of turbocharger failures were related to the cab & chassis trucks. 440hp is pretty low. That means your single is about 20hp for $5k. Not exactly the results I'd be looking for at that money level. To each their own

I guess you dont do much research then. I know of several braking rods on just a tuner. I believe SPE's dpc truck was one of them. And i know theres a handfull of people on these forums saying they've blown turbos.( i believe someone posted about this recently on here or the org). Also the kit was 3,500 installed. Any more incorrect facts i can help you with? :)

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Oh and i almost forgot. There was a spartan tuned 6.7 that went on the dyno a few truck after me and made 436hp ( i believe spartans are supposed to male more than H&S but not certain.)

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I think he is getting at the dyno was most likely reading low if a truck that normally should put down 490 only put down 436.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I guess you dont do much research then. I know of several braking rods on just a tuner. I believe SPE's dpc truck was one of them. And i know theres a handfull of people on these forums saying they've blown turbos.( i believe someone posted about this recently on here or the org). Also the kit was 3,500 installed. Any more incorrect facts i can help you with? :)

Man, I do lots. Which is why I won't let Shawn even consider what you have as an option because it's proven to be junk. Sorry you paid $3500 for 20hp. I'd be pissed too.

Now let's get this thread back on track. Whose planning on pre-ordering a single kit from SPE? I'm anxious to see what they come up

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.