upgrade non vgt

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I gotcha, no biggie. it will still be a little while before I do the upgrade unless this one decides otherwise. I sure hope that Spartan will open up to custom tuning soon. I love the way my truck runs, and I'm sure it would help with their business as it seems more ppl go with h&s because of their custom tune abilities. I had asked them if they could make me a tune if I got a new turbo and they just said to keep the factory one and my warrenty or ill chunk a rod. but id rather just pay for parts myself and have it in the shop one time and have peace of mind compared to what could be numerous shop trips and the thought of driving a time bomb lol. Thanks so much for you help. Also, was there any fuel mods done to the truck?

No the entire fuel system on the truck was stock in the instance of the truck we ran our turbo kit with the spartan.
I had no complaints at all with the way it ran and performed.
In fact the customer was on the fence, but in the end he did not want to shift gears manually and that was the determining factor.
That and he said it was our kit he wanted our tuning basically so he had one complaint department if there was a problem.
I have to agree with that logic.

I am sure if you do try it, and post the code we can figure out something.
Remember on our first kit mcc was not even available. So we hooked stuff back up until all the features worked and the lights stayed off.

Ford_tough

Reaction score
No the entire fuel system on the truck was stock in the instance of the truck we ran our turbo kit with the spartan.
I had no complaints at all with the way it ran and performed.
In fact the customer was on the fence, but in the end he did not want to shift gears manually and that was the determining factor.
That and he said it was our kit he wanted our tuning basically so he had one complaint department if there was a problem.
I have to agree with that logic.

I am sure if you do try it, and post the code we can figure out something.
Remember on our first kit mcc was not even available. So we hooked stuff back up until all the features worked and the lights stayed off.
yea I would have to agree, I have just been looking for someone to answer my question of if I can run the 200 tune with a aftermarket turbo or not and finally it gets answered. I just didn't know if since its a bigger turbo if I had to run less boost or if id be flooding it with air and run out of fuel etc etc. I mean obviously
it would run better with a custom tune or the manufactures tune but hopefully Spartan will come out with a tune or something by the time I decide to get one, cause id hate to get rid of my Spartan on a big loss and go h&s to get it right.

13PlatinumSD

Reaction score
was that the same day hallers little race truck put down over a 1000?

Yeah...I wish I could have seen that one! :drool:

JD's Elite Diesel 6.4 put down 627, which I think he had seen 700 previously.

Whatever though...I like the power delivery from the 6.7...the numbers will be there someday I hope.

01PSD

Reaction score
Yeah...I wish I could have seen that one! :drool:

JD's Elite Diesel 6.4 put down 627, which I think he had seen 700 previously.

Whatever though...I like the power delivery from the 6.7...the numbers will be there someday I hope.

That's the spirit. LOL Get to the track with your setup and get a better idea of what kind of power you're making!

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
that would be 6000 feet of altitude makin that thing smoke...

Yeah definately. I asked where he was earlier. I think this answered my question. haha

Did they correct the dyno for altitude?
If not the stock vgt did a great job of pushing air.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.