US Border Patrol Suspension

Copracr

Reaction score
Yup. Read an article a while back about them having to have Ford put cloth seats in the raptors cause something about Gov't cant purchase vehicles with leather seats.

They better not get leather with my money, lol. Cloth, fuggers

birdco85

Reaction score
You don't want to pay for me to sit on leather? Haha. We would tear leather up with all the stuff on our belts. And yeah we have gotten a couple raptors, but only the higher-ups drive them. Doesn't make sense cuz they don't even use them. We didn't get a lot, I'm sure they'll realize that's probably not the best choice for usability for us.

Sent from my Droid RAZR because I told it to...

Copracr

Reaction score
You don't want to pay for me to sit on leather? Haha. We would tear leather up with all the stuff on our belts. And yeah we have gotten a couple raptors, but only the higher-ups drive them. Doesn't make sense cuz they don't even use them. We didn't get a lot, I'm sure they'll realize that's probably not the best choice for usability for us.

No, I'd rather pay you enough to go home in a car with leather.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
enu4e2as.jpg

java

Reaction score
Saw that on facebook this morning and all i could think was poor raptor! LOL

birdco85

Reaction score
Those were some BORTAC (swat) agents. I saw the report on it, they got caught in a flash flood i think somewhere in Arizona. I don't think this was the no brain case, but heck yeah some people don't have brains.

sselk1.tom

Reaction score
The suspension upgrade is done in Arlington Texas. It's same facility they use to put on the camper shells and electronics. The goverment is selling about 50 of these trucks at a sale tomorrow here in El Paso. I'll send pix of the suspension upgrade. The upgrade is all on the F350s. No F250s.

birdco85

Reaction score
All of the trucks we have are 250's. No 350's unless its a maintenance truck.

EddieS

Reaction score
This thread has been dead for a year, but I'm new here, so I'd like to see if there's any more information.

About me: I'm a retired firefighter/paramedic, former 0311, and both my dad and uncle are Border Patrol retirees (1971-1998). I was born and raised on the Texas/Mexico border (BP duty station areas). Been living in southeastern New Mexico since junior high.

Had 4x4s nearly all my life. My dad's PAIC would often allow him to take me on trips into the back country in the Ramcharger. Pretty sure that's where I got my love for 4x4s... That, and of course Lone Wolf McQuade!

Have a '96 FZJ80 Land Cruiser, that's been passed to my daughter, and an '07 F250 6.0 FX4. I have a great appreciation for what the agents need in their vehicles, and if I'm going to throw some money into my suspension, I'd like it to be something that's been tested and passed by the agents themselves. Their lives (and ours) seriously depend on good equipment. Which is why I'd like something that they put on the F250s and F350s.

From the pics--and what I can tell by Google--it looks like birdco85's pics show Bilstein coils and shocks. I couldn't find any Bilstein limiting straps, though. And not many in blue, except for Kartek. Are those Bilstein coils? And Kartek straps? Or something else?

And it does look like the original radius arms and brackets. Do they use the original track bar? Or an aftermarket? Is there any alteration to the rear springs, like extra leaf packs, or F350 blocks on the F250s?

Based on the VIN, if it came with 5600# front coils, that sounds like the camper package, with the rear sway bar (which my truck has).

Thanks in advance for any info!

-Eddie

Thanks in advance for any info

Last edited:

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Eddie

Glad to see new members on here. Hopefully you'll get the answers you're looking for. You might shoot Cutting Edge Diesel a message if you're open to looking at aftermarket parts. Matt, the owner just built a F250 with a great suspension that I can vouch for, it handles outstanding off road and will handle a great deal of abuse I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdco85

Reaction score
The limit straps are Deist. The coil has no markings that I can see, I just went and looked. The rear has a stock leaf pack with those aftermarket giant air/foam bump/overload things, I don't know what they're called but I've seen them before. The rear also has limit straps. As far as the radius arms and brackets, they do appear to be stock/factory. Again, no markings.

Good luck and welcome to the Army Eddie!!

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
This thread has been dead for a year, but I'm new here, so I'd like to see if there's any more information.

About me: I'm a retired firefighter/paramedic, former 0311, and both my dad and uncle are Border Patrol retirees (1971-1998). I was born and raised on the Texas/Mexico border (BP duty station areas). Been living in southeastern New Mexico since junior high.

Had 4x4s nearly all my life. My dad's PAIC would often allow him to take me on trips into the back country in the Ramcharger. Pretty sure that's where I got my love for 4x4s... That, and of course Lone Wolf McQuade!

Have a '96 FZJ80 Land Cruiser, that's been passed to my daughter, and an '07 F250 6.0 FX4. I have a great appreciation for what the agents need in their vehicles, and if I'm going to throw some money into my suspension, I'd like it to be something that's been tested and passed by the agents themselves. Their lives (and ours) seriously depend on good equipment. Which is why I'd like something that they put on the F250s and F350s.

From the pics--and what I can tell by Google--it looks like birdco85's pics show Bilstein coils and shocks. I couldn't find any Bilstein limiting straps, though. And not many in blue, except for Kartek. Are those Bilstein coils? And Kartek straps? Or something else?

And it does look like the original radius arms and brackets. Do they use the original track bar? Or an aftermarket? Is there any alteration to the rear springs, like extra leaf packs, or F350 blocks on the F250s?

Based on the VIN, if it came with 5600# front coils, that sounds like the camper package, with the rear sway bar (which my truck has).

Thanks in advance for any info!

-Eddie

Thanks in advance for any info

Nice post. Welcome to the site!

Latest posts

Members online