Vanilla Ice buildup thread....

Agjake11

Reaction score
Gare I have a 12V cummins.....LOL

06%20cool%20story%20bro.jpg

imelmo

Reaction score
He got some new up-pipes in for it and I believe he is waiting on some injectors now.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
He got some new up-pipes in for it and I believe he is waiting on some injectors now.

: whs:

I decided no matter what its gonna be too hot for my liking with 190s. Supposed to meet up with a local guy (customer of Jasons) sometime today who is gonna buy them. Jason has a set of RCD 175s he was gonna run in his truck we are gonna drop in. Dozers has been really cool and would have swapped em for me...but this saves time and shipping money/headaches.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
OK, so the 190's were too much for the 68??? I thought Lance was having great luck with that combo. I'm not trying to be an ass and I'm certainly not knocking the 68, cause guys like Lance had great luck with it and the guys at Cutting Edge know their ****. They wouldn't have run it if it wasn't a great charger. Just curious why the injectors were too much. What did they flow test at? I'm trying to decide on what size injectors to go with right now and if 190's were too much for the 68 than that makes me wonder what charger 175's will have to be paired with. I was planning on running either my current MTW Hybrid or upgrading to a Stage 2.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
OK, so the 190's were too much for the 68??? I thought Lance was having great luck with that combo. I'm not trying to be an ass and I'm certainly not knocking the 68, cause guys like Lance had great luck with it and the guys at Cutting Edge know their ****. They wouldn't have run it if it wasn't a great charger. Just curious why the injectors were too much. What did they flow test at? I'm trying to decide on what size injectors to go with right now and if 190's were too much for the 68 than that makes me wonder what charger 175's will have to be paired with. I was planning on running either my current MTW Hybrid or upgrading to a Stage 2.

I don't think he even had the chance to get the set flowed. Deal came up he couldn't turn down. The temps were a variety of things, really. I think Lance's truck is a good baseline for the 68 and 190's. Curious to see how close Gare's new setup will be to what Lance had though, with less fuel

BlueWaffle

Reaction score

the 68 matched up great with the 190's. gare was having other issues with the injectors and we actually got a bunk set of bellows for his uppipes that could have also contributed some to the problem. i wouldn't hesitate to run a 68mm with 190's any day of the week. unfortunately, gares truck had other contributing factors that was keeping it from running right.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I don't think he even had the chance to get the set flowed. Deal came up he couldn't turn down. The temps were a variety of things, really. I think Lance's truck is a good baseline for the 68 and 190's. Curious to see how close Gare's new setup will be to what Lance had though, with less fuel

Thanks Steve. I saw he was going back to 175's. I think 175's will be great for a street truck. That's really why I'm looking at 175's, cause I want a quick street setup and still be able to tow.

Last edited:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
the 68 matched up great with the 190's. gare was having other issues with the injectors and we actually got a bunk set of bellows for his uppipes that could have also contributed some to the problem. i wouldn't hesitate to run a 68mm with 190's any day of the week. unfortunately, gares truck had other contributing factors that was keeping it from running right.

Thanks Lance. What other issues was he having with the injectors? I heard about the bellows and how you guys had a new set on the way immediately. Great customer service. I just hope Gare gets his truck running like he wants it. It's been a bit of a hard road for him I think.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Truck is apart. We pulled the turbo and y pipe after we found out about the bellows. After talking back and forth to Jason about how my truck is gonna be used I decided to go to a set of 175s since he already had them laying around. Lets be honest...my truck wont see the track. I want a true street truck that I can hook a load to from time to time and not melt.

I also spoke with RCD about the turbo and they say its a great match for 175s if I decided to go down.

Should be back together hopefully for good soon.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
How big a PITA is pulling the Y-pipe with the cab on? Gotta do this very soon.

BTW, glad to hear you're getting it worked out Gare. Can't wait to see where you're at with the 175's.

Extended Power

Reaction score
As long as the new up pipes are the 2 piece design...as in the one up pipe is in 2 pieces...it should be easy as pie. If the up pipes are one big ass long "Y"....its gonna be a huge PITA.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
How big a PITA is pulling the Y-pipe with the cab on? Gotta do this very soon.

BTW, glad to hear you're getting it worked out Gare. Can't wait to see where you're at with the 175's.

i'd rather drag my bare scrotum over 3 miles of broken glass and used syringes than pull another set of ypipes out of a 6.oh. just sayin.

on that note....need a price for some new ones LOL!?

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
As long as the new up pipes are the 2 piece design...as in the one up pipe is in 2 pieces...it should be easy as pie. If the up pipes are one big ass long "Y"....its gonna be a huge PITA.

I pull the up pipes in one piece, dont bother taking them apart. Ive never had a problem getting them out. but just the way I do it. one less thing to do before you pull them out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online