VGT Compound Build

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Turned out great Cody! Cant wait to check it out at Derek's drag day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

It's not done yet, currently waiting on the machine shop to pressure test the heads, there was some coolant where it shouldn't of been after tearing it apart.

I should probably just buy new heads after seeing what they're going for, but I have no idea if it would save any time now that I've waited this long like a dummy.

Last time I spoke with Morgan I asked him to go ahead and take a look inside the transmission, it's been holding up damn good for being a early prototype comp trans that doesn't have all of the good parts that are available today; but I figure it's best to just get it updated while we wait on the machine shop.

Still no billet converters on the market besides ATS.. That kinda sucks, I've also heard through the grapevine that PI is really backed up so sending my current converter out to get checked may set this project back even further.

Just picked up a 1500 Silverado, so at least I'm no longer truckless.

e9181bf9bf44e798e7b06a1956aa98b6.jpg

thewrubelator

Reaction score
That sucks man, time for o-rings! those 6Rs are proving to be pretty damn stout! I don't blame you for having it gone through, you'll be making some big power.

PI had my convertor refresh/restall done in about a week, just give them a call and see what the lead time is. Shouldn't be to bad.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Don't worry Cody. My built motor with 87 miles is coming apart for O Rings when I put the compounds back on. Just gotta get caught up with the rest of the stuff at the shop before we can make time for my stuff again, lol.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Don't worry Cody. My built motor with 87 miles is coming apart for O Rings when I put the compounds back on. Just gotta get caught up with the rest of the stuff at the shop before we can make time for my stuff again, lol.

No worries here, I wanted an excuse to get another truck anyway lmao.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I got a 6466 for it when you want it. Sell it to a brother cheap

Then I'd only need one more lol.

For 190$ I retract that statement.

I work for GM, before I did I never would have considered a Chevy.. Just glad to have a normal truck now that I've gone full retard with the 6.7.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Machine shop took forever and a day and Morgan is slammed right now so it's slow going.

Heads are on it now, shouldn't be much longer.

Latest posts

Members online