Violent vibration

dmistak617

Reaction score
My 08 SRW f350 has a very violent vibration coming from the rear end from 45-60mph then it fades off.. Kinda.. Thought it was my new wheels but they got balanced again and no issues. I had a vibration before but I had MTs before and now have ATs so I believe it's just picking it up more now. Ujoints seem good but I have movement in the slip spline (I think that's what it's called?) where the rubber boot meets the bigger part of the shaft. Any ideas? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429481915.257950.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429481923.806653.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
On edit: beat me to it lol. Is the truck lifted at all and has the carrier been shimmed. Mine was leveled before the lift and it had a bad vibration both times so I installed new joints and a carrier bearing with the ouo carrier bearing drop and all issues were fixed. Just don't know which one of the upgrades was the ROOT problem. I've since upgraded to a big single shaft since shearing mine in half and still no issues.

dmistak617

Reaction score
Had the driveshaft rebuilt / balanced, the vibration isn't as bad, but it is still there.. I'm not sure they replaced the carrier bearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online