webb06 official build thread

BlueOx

Reaction score
Surprisingly it seems that everything has stabled off. After draining that half quart of oil out the oil hasn't rose at all and the coolant hasnt went down. Almost have 500 miles since it being finished.

By the way...it runs like a raped ape now...after changing the gate and Matt adjusting the tunes it's real strong.

If all goes well I plan on dynoing it at the Tulsa truck shootout.

Awesome to hear this bud! I've been following this thread for some time now. Glad your actually able to enjoy driving it

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Man I'm so glad to hear the good news! You definately deserve a break! How much did the wastegate rerouting help the turbos? Curious for my build, I'm really thinking about doing the same thing to mine.

webb06

Reaction score
Man I'm so glad to hear the good news! You definately deserve a break! How much did the wastegate rerouting help the turbos? Curious for my build, I'm really thinking about doing the same thing to mine.

I reread back through this thread and the first time I put these turbos on I was seeing 47-48 psi on boost. This last time I was super low so something was up. Now they are back to where they should be. Back up to 48 maybe 50 and the atmo is doing 27-28

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I reread back through this thread and the first time I put these turbos on I was seeing 47-48 psi on boost. This last time I was super low so something was up. Now they are back to where they should be. Back up to 48 maybe 50 and the atmo is doing 27-28

right where mine were making 750-800

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok just checking, I didn't think you had to do any custom tuning when you first put them on. Any clue as to what was lowering your boost?

webb06

Reaction score
Ok just checking, I didn't think you had to do any custom tuning when you first put them on. Any clue as to what was lowering your boost?

The egt sensor was loose when I tore it down this last time but I don't really think that was it. I'm not sure what the problem was.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The egt sensor was loose when I tore it down this last time but I don't really think that was it. I'm not sure what the problem was.

absolutely could have been. i think they bleed air unless fully tight. thats the design of that fitting.

powerstroked08

Reaction score

absolutely could have been. i think they bleed air unless fully tight. thats the design of that fitting.

Well its worth a shot! I wouldn't think that it would make a huge differance but these things are veryy touchy. Thanks for the info guys.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Great to hear bud. I figured my boost issue out today and am now making 58 psi on the canned 300 tune. Give me a shout if you want, I have a pointer for ya possibly.

webb06

Reaction score
Great to hear bud. I figured my boost issue out today and am now making 58 psi on the canned 300 tune. Give me a shout if you want, I have a pointer for ya possibly.

You'll have to fill me in on how you adjusted your gate!

3brorce

Reaction score
Want to see this new found power and I just like to see videos of trucks haha.

Reaction score
Aaron's guy likes to change things up. I wouldn't be surprised if that was his work

Good to hear you have it running

We never swapped a bellowed one for a non-bellowed one, that would be pretty stupid. We had a few of them crack on us before Elite revised them. Not sure why you thought you knew what you were talking about?

Corbin's never cracked either, his LP turbo just blew up. No reason for us to re-make that S pipe anyway.

Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score
happy to report that I've put right around 1100 miles on the truck now and the oil and coolant level haven't moved. :clapping:

still trying to get the ebp's in check. i dont even think the gate is opening with the regulator all the way open.

ive been told the gate could be stuck, or there could be something wrong with the regulator itself. i also have all the springs in the gate so that could cause a problem as well i suppose.

under WOT i max out the ebp sensor at 87 on the dashdaq. boost hits a max of 49, atmo is maxing out at 28-29. egt's are seeing 1750* which seems warm to me.

any ideas???

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
happy to report that I've put right around 1100 miles on the truck now and the oil and coolant level haven't moved. :clapping:

still trying to get the ebp's in check. i dont even think the gate is opening with the regulator all the way open.

ive been told the gate could be stuck, or there could be something wrong with the regulator itself. i also have all the springs in the gate so that could cause a problem as well i suppose.

under WOT i max out the ebp sensor at 87 on the dashdaq. boost hits a max of 49, atmo is maxing out at 28-29. egt's are seeing 1750* which seems warm to me.

any ideas???

the springs could very well be the problem. not seeing enough pressure to open.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.