welp time for stage two of my build..

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
as everyone knows i have mpds 72mm kit along with a suncoast converter. but still have stock fueling and tranny, since i got good news from my tax guy i plan on addressing those issues, but id like a few opinions.. first of all rudys will be doing the tranny build just havnt decided on what all else ill b able to do.

arps,pushrods, rcd cam and valve springs, 60s or 30% overs, ported rails and intake manifold, and airdog with fuel bowl delete

or

arps, 110s or 60% overs,ported rails, dragonfire pump,and maybe pushrods and valve springs

will eventually like to have it all but ive only got so much to spend and this is my dd and only thing i have to drive right now.

MINK

Reaction score
Option one seems to be a more well rounded setup and would be my choice.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I think you would get more out of option 1 too. #2 you still need a lpfp to support the dragonfire.

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
Oops forgot to add the airdog and fuelbowl delete to option 2... Buy I think I'm agreeing with yall, I'm real curious to see how Well the cam will work with the single... What kinda power can be had with 60s I'd want at least 750 which i know would be a hard without a hpfp..

Matt

Reaction score
Why not save up a little more moolah and do it all at once? Seems like another 2kish and you could.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I agree with matt I think i would wait a little bit and get everything all at once like fuel mods and nozzles ect, Not so sold on cams for these trucks just yet so honestly that wouldnt even be considered for me because it adds so much cost and time to labor. Maybe my thinking isnt right on that but i dunno.

Transmission is a good move reguardless.

Do you plan on doing the work yourself or having it done?

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
was thinkin about the cam, becuase with the tranny and valvetrain out, plus the deal rcd has going right now it wouldnt cost that much more anyways, i just may have to leave the ported manifold and cam off, just trying to do as much as i can while the cabs off, if anything left over can be done cab on, ill do it at a later date..

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i can respect that with having the cab off and doing most of it at once. I can also atest that getting things done all at once sure helps your patients LOL

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan honestly.

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
haha for sure, most likly ill end up without the ported manifold since with my single it looks like it can be done cab on, then ill just give mpd a call and see if he can throw a fuel system together thatll save me alittle more money, that way ill have enough for the pump.

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
Looks like ill be shooting for 60% overs,Ported rails,dragonfire pump, studs, gaskets, fueline clamps and a built tranny from rudys and if by chance I can swing the extra cost ill do the cam,valve springs and pushrods..

Latest posts

Members online