welp time for stage two of my build..

Matt

Reaction score
I would do the springs and pushrods while they are easy to get to, then once you have money pull the 72 off and do the intake. I'm sure with a single turbo set up, fuel bowl deleted, etc. It would be quite a bit easier to do.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Id recommend the cam and valve springs from rcd while its out. Talk to them about doing it without dropping the crank, thats how we did mine and it saved a bunch of time and was pretty self explanitory, Esp if youre going to have the tranny off. If youre that deep into it, might as well. It has made a noticable difference in my truck. Once I get the bugs worked out (not related to the cam) ill hopefully do a write up and get on a dyno. Plus Jared at RCD was a huge help throughout the whole process and the customer service was great. BTW they also do ported rails, I paid 100 for them from RCD as well

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
as everyone knows i have mpds 72mm kit along with a suncoast converter. but still have stock fueling and tranny, since i got good news from my tax guy i plan on addressing those issues, but id like a few opinions.. first of all rudys will be doing the tranny build just havnt decided on what all else ill b able to do.

arps,pushrods, rcd cam and valve springs, 60s or 30% overs, ported rails and intake manifold, and airdog with fuel bowl delete

or

arps, 110s or 60% overs,ported rails, dragonfire pump,and maybe pushrods and valve springs

will eventually like to have it all but ive only got so much to spend and this is my dd and only thing i have to drive right now.
I would do option 2 honestly, the 60's and II pump on mine hold full rp. Just a warning the II pump on the race tune takes a bit getting used to driving wise, its a bit touchy.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I would do the springs and pushrods while they are easy to get to, then once you have money pull the 72 off and do the intake. I'm sure with a single turbo set up, fuel bowl deleted, etc. It would be quite a bit easier to do.

I'm no mechanic but i've heard the intake manifold is hard to do cab on due to all the hoses and wires that have to be moved out of the way to get it out.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Its too jumpy arpund 50-60 it tends to want to buck. Do you have the new ford flash

Sent from my Droid Charge

Matt

Reaction score
I'm no mechanic but i've heard the intake manifold is hard to do cab on due to all the hoses and wires that have to be moved out of the way to get it out.

Still probably easier than springs and pushrods cab on, haha.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
its the flash that does it, me and craig went back to the old flash and it worked just fine, it had more fuel in the old flash also

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
im also curious as to how the 72/83 will handle the injector size, ,looks like im the only one running the 72 i wounder how much fuel it can clean up?

Latest posts

Members online