what do i need to get 650 rwhp

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
So far my plan is to go with the drop in wheels from batmo and a egr/wastgate kit with a down pipe and cold side pipe/intake elbow. what else (besides trany) would i need to get 650 at the wheels? rolling on 35s with 3.55 gears

jdgleason

Reaction score
If I were you I would by pass the batmowheels and do elites high power turbos on stock fuel. Seems to be a great setup with great power, plus then you retain the stock fuel system.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
If I were you I would by pass the batmowheels and do elites high power turbos on stock fuel. Seems to be a great setup with great power, plus then you retain the stock fuel system.

300 vs 7-8 grand for turbos

Their an awesome set up for sure but there are other ways to get there

David S.

Reaction score

Personally I'd rather save 8 grand and put it into fuel then just spend it on turbos.

OP, it depends what you use your truck for. ANd are you looking to use nitrous?

jdgleason

Reaction score
300 vs 7-8 grand for turbos

Their an awesome set up for sure but there are other ways to get there

300? Its 400 a wheel. And If he does both thats $800. Plus the time of pulling stock turbos and replacing them. And I would be pretty shocked if drop in wheels make 650 on stock turbos. Its been proven time and time again that these trucks have enough fuel in stock form for well over 650 horse.... They dont have the air. I guess its just the logic in me that tells me to attack the air side of things first. Plus if thats all you need to do, then hey that works out pretty well. Without spray I havent seen a set of stock turbos make that much power. I havent seen a single make that much power either... I think that if a single did make that much power it would be pretty laggy.

Long story short: Proven setup for 650+ horsepower is high powers and stock fuel. Turbos are pricey but you get what you pay for. Gotta pay to play I guess. There isnt a setup that I know of that offers better than stock spool up with better than stock temps at 650 horse. PERIOD.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
300? Its 400 a wheel. And If he does both thats $800. Plus the time of pulling stock turbos and replacing them. And I would be pretty shocked if drop in wheels make 650 on stock turbos. Its been proven time and time again that these trucks have enough fuel in stock form for well over 650 horse.... They dont have the air. I guess its just the logic in me that tells me to attack the air side of things first. Plus if thats all you need to do, then hey that works out pretty well. Without spray I havent seen a set of stock turbos make that much power. I havent seen a single make that much power either... I think that if a single did make that much power it would be pretty laggy.

Long story short: Proven setup for 650+ horsepower is high powers and stock fuel. Turbos are pricey but you get what you pay for. Gotta pay to play I guess. There isnt a setup that I know of that offers better than stock spool up with better than stock temps at 650 horse. PERIOD.

Ok so 400 for the wheel not 3 my bad...their only making a wheel for 1 turbo now not both... but there are single and other compound kits in the works right now that also attack the air side of the equation...there are other options out there

TyCorr

Reaction score

I couldnt see giving up the driveability of two chargers to run a big single just so my peak hp numbers were high. Talk about throwing all you've got out the window to get something minimal. In a truck that probably is still worth $40,000 Id be looking at the custom chargers too. Plus if you sold the stockers and anything else you've removed the amount of cost would go down.

Man, I just couldnt imagine ruining a great driving truck just to have a laggy 650hp truck. Id take a good driving 500 over a boooooooooog-zoom type 650. Those replacement compounds spool better and provide lower egts's than stock? Thats an incredible setup then!

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I'm not advocating for a single or the batmo...what I would do..and most likely will do is a 64 or 66 as the primary and an 88 atmo combo that a few companies are in the process of making

Shipmate

Reaction score
Ummm where is this 600whp plus Batmowheel truck? has anyone Dynoed it yet? Did i miss the post about it?

MINK

Reaction score
I could build a compound setup for alot less than 8gs, just saying......Looks like JHad beat me to it..

TyCorr

Reaction score
yeah, jhaddox, that sounds better....either set of compounds. I am envious of you 6.4 guys trucks. Completely! I am not envious of the price of admission however.

Id just like to drive a modded one of those....

Ive yet to get envious of a 6.7 truck though. Im still thinking the 6.4's where its at.

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
the truck is a daily driver and never hooked to a trailer, i dont even have a gooseneck hitch, i borrow a work truck if i need to tow anything(dad owns New Holland/Case IH dealership) im looking to do the batmos based on price. im a college kid so this build will be taking place over the next few summers and on a budget

David S.

Reaction score
yeah, jhaddox, that sounds better....either set of compounds. I am envious of you 6.4 guys trucks. Completely! I am not envious of the price of admission however.

Id just like to drive a modded one of those....

Ive yet to get envious of a 6.7 truck though. Im still thinking the 6.4's where its at.

power wise, 6.4 is where it's at for sure. Not a question

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
we are working on getting the turbos on a stock truck and testing them, a single 66 isnt that laggy and it makes good power, 1/4 mile times tell everything. going to do alot more testing soon, these things dont happen overnight

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.