what do i need to get 650 rwhp

jdgleason

Reaction score
Ok so 400 for the wheel not 3 my bad...their only making a wheel for 1 turbo now not both... but there are single and other compound kits in the works right now that also attack the air side of the equation...there are other options out there
I hear ya.... but the high pressure batmowheel is in the works, I guess I just assumed that was what we were getting at. I understand, there are a lot of options, but the r&d it takes to get a setup totally dialed in is going to take the time and expertise some people dont have, or some dont desire to give. I guess I was giving the easiest "plug and play" method.
I could build a compound setup for alot less than 8gs, just saying......Looks like JHad beat me to it..

True story. Some people dont have the time or the know how to get somethin like that done. And even so, there arent enough one off setups out there to tell how spool up is going to be with these other chargers. Look how long it took dustin to get a set done. Dustin has the knowledge, the experience, the vision and the drive to get a project like this done, and its still a several week deal. For the average homeboy, you need to swap out turbos, bolt the downpipe back up, and shut the hood (not literally). My angle on it is this: you pay for perfection and assurance. We all know how bigr's truck performs- flawlessly. Spool up is quicker than stock, it doesnt smoke, and it runs cool. On top of that it has proven to make north of 650 at the track.

jdgleason

Reaction score
we are working on getting the turbos on a stock truck and testing them, a single 66 isnt that laggy and it makes good power, 1/4 mile times tell everything. going to do alot more testing soon, these things dont happen overnight

Whats the track times saying for power?

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Hey jd, by any chance do you know the specs on bigr's latest scroll he put on? I know he went bigger on the ar on the atmosphere right? But I think his last dyno was a little lower than it should've been.

I'm just trying to remember the numbers he got from the last dyno, and the dyno before was 650?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Hey jd, by any chance do you know the specs on bigr's latest scroll he put on? I know he went bigger on the ar on the atmosphere right? But I think his last dyno was a little lower than it should've been.

I'm just trying to remember the numbers he got from the last dyno, and the dyno before was 650?

Ya know, I dont. Im not sure what he did. I know he added a cam and changed gearing though. When he dyno'd last, they were fiddling with the gate and I dont think they got it where they wanted it. He just cracked 600 I believe. I was told it hit peak power pretty low in the rpm band and held it super flat all the way out tho.

I would be willing to bet that track times would tell a different story... with the gear change and the cam switch, I bet he is holding more power under the curve than he was before. Not sure though, all speculation on my part.

BFT

Reaction score

HP turbos from elite and an airdog 165. he did lower on this pull because if gear change (3.73-3.55)and bigger housing on the larger charger and a cam. we tried adjusting the WG but you get so many pulls and it was getting hotter outside. it was also a different dyno

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
That makes sense. And those are some dramatic changes to the truck so I'm sure it needs a good amount of adjustments to spread it's wings.

BFT

Reaction score
yeah, it was hard to tell where it might of lost that extra power. curious to see what the 3.73s would do along with the tighter housing he had before.

for the OP. the singles seem to be working out great for the guys that have taken the time to do the math and even more so for the kits that elite has come up with. i would probably add some fuel to your set up, it would suck if you got a kit that makes x amout of power but is limited to there because of lack of fuel.

was the testing on the singles done on a regular cab or CC? its bad enough we are the heavyweights of the 3

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Isn't there only going to be a batmowheel for the atmosphere? Just don't think 650 is possible with just the batmowheel. Not dyno proven anyway.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Isn't there only going to be a batmowheel for the atmosphere? Just don't think 650 is possible with just the batmowheel. Not dyno proven anyway.

right..bullseye said that they are only doing the atmosphere wheel..there will only be 1 wheel for the 6.4 stock turbos...and im with you on the BatMo not pushing it to 650 by itself

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
I like the Tow powers and a CP3. With a good street tune you can run 12.3 smoke free and minimal smoke during spool up. The tow powers are great in heavy traffic if you need to light fast.

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I like the Tow powers and a CP3. With a good street tune you can run 12.3 smoke free and minimal smoke during spool up. The tow powers are great in heavy traffic if you need to light fast.

Or you can go 12.3 with the 310 on stock turbo's and almost stock fuel. Either way works. :D

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
How do I do that? Lift pump and what else?

I have an Air Dog II, ported fuel rails, CFM+, EGR cooler delete, SunCoast, my truck was lowered on Proxes, I had CalTracs, and it was 7600 lbs with me in it. I stripped a lot of weight out of it. Apparently my truck is a freak, but no one else has attempted it with the same setup, same weight, at the same elevation.

And....:popcorn:

And.....you tell me. Everything is listed above. If I'm missing something other than the basics, you know my truck better than I.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
And.....you tell me. Everything is listed above. If I'm missing something other than the basics, you know my truck better than I.

nx.gif

LOL my new favorite smiley to put up for you Jeff

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.