what do i need to get 650 rwhp

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
nx.gif

LOL my new favorite smiley to put up for you Jeff

Yea, but it's misleading.....

Spatel23

Reaction score
I couldnt see giving up the driveability of two chargers to run a big single just so my peak hp numbers were high. Talk about throwing all you've got out the window to get something minimal. In a truck that probably is still worth $40,000 Id be looking at the custom chargers too. Plus if you sold the stockers and anything else you've removed the amount of cost would go down.

Man, I just couldnt imagine ruining a great driving truck just to have a laggy 650hp truck. Id take a good driving 500 over a boooooooooog-zoom type 650. Those replacement compounds spool better and provide lower egts's than stock? Thats an incredible setup then!

My EXACT thoughts on the subject, couldnt agree more.

Ive never really agreed with the single idea. Thats not to say it cant be made to work well, it just hasnt been done yet.
I personally dont see it ever being a great working setup but I do have very limited knowledge on the subject.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score

Ive never really agreed with the single idea. Thats not to say it cant be made to work well, it just hasnt been done yet.
I personally dont see it ever being a great working setup but I do have very limited knowledge on the subject.

I think the right setup could work and spool GREAT, but I don't think it's been found just yet. I think the VGT idea is great if a person is looking for the spool up aspect, but someone will have to make it work. That 71mm that Dustin is using is big enough to make good power with, but it's location is less than desirable LOL

Obviously MPD and WOP have kits out there, but it's going to take some real world experience with both kits to figure out how good they really are.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Or you can go 12.3 with the 310 on stock turbo's and almost stock fuel. Either way works. :D

and go 5/10's faster than everybody else who has had similar setup forever? name anyone else has come remotely close to that and what you say makes sense..... why does red93 in a reg cab almost identicle setup , same tune, etc... run 12.50's ?? also weighs about 700lbs less. go figure right.

Erikclaw

Reaction score

Me too, the compound vs single doesn't appeal to me. Especially when you start getting into the bigger stuff.

and go 5/10's faster than everybody else who has had similar setup forever? name anyone else has come remotely close to that and what you say makes sense..... why does red93 in a reg cab almost identicle setup , same tune, etc... run 12.50's ?? also weighs about 700lbs less. go figure right.

I swear I can repeat those stats in my sleep too. Jeff''s truck has been lightened to "racing weight" you can't *** with that!

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score

I guess that apology a few months back wasn't sincere after all. Go figure right.

Say what you want. It's a lost cause at this point and it's the reason I could care less about racing anymore. It was fun until I accomplished something and most everyone went against me. Not worth it to me.

Carry on. Sorry for the derail.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess that apology a few months back wasn't sincere after all. Go figure right.

Say what you want. It's a lost cause at this point and it's the reason I could care less about racing anymore. It was fun until I accomplished something and most everyone went against me. Not worth it to me.

Carry on. Sorry for the derail.

lol..... nothing can replace the fact what you did is repeatable, for anyone with a comprable setup. when i said sorry to you, it was for being a dik to you, not for questioning what you did. others have smilar setups and are still running 12.80's on the 310.... settlemire definitely makes more power than a stock truck and still doesnt have your trap speed, whatever you did, replicate it and sell it, you will get rich.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
All I did was go out and make some passes at an NHRDA event. Nothing more, nothing less. As my 60 foot got better, the times got better. Pretty simple if you ask me. I can't really take it beyond that. My setup is what is. Sucks for me I guess.....lol

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
the 66 works just fine, its in its test stages right now and with a couple of months im sure they will be great on these trucks, so what if you lose some driveability, its not the end of the world, you can daily drive my truck just fine with almost no smoke and i have a 72, my truck was a test mule and i love it. and get great mileage, run cool, not have back pressure issues and make great power

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
its def not for everyone, but dont go putting it down and saying its not worth it till you give it some time

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I;ve done the single turbo thing... im back to compounds again for a reason. Do i think a single is a terrible idea, hell no, it seams to work for some, but i wouldnt venture to say its the most fun thing i have ever owned.

IF i owned a reg cab that was a play truck/drag truck, single would probably work well. but for heavy trucks i dont think its that much fun, course im high altitude and i was on a pretty big turbine wheel compared to what MPD is working on, so the difference might be in that.

Jeff, just go to the track and run your time again, i find it wierd that you picked up 2 mph at the track, not saying it was you that did it, im just saying it was wierd. Im going to leave it at that tho, im not starting another pissing match.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
I think the 66 would be a good setup for 650 to the wheels, i would def do a trans, thats just my opinion, the kits work great on craigs truck, hes on 35s as well

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
craigs best was 12.42@108, that was on water meth, but, the water meth didnt do anything for power as it didnt make a difference on the dyno at all

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.