What Do You Tow?

genuineford

Reaction score
I think we did pretty good on it. It has all brand new tires, LED tail lights and a fold up dove tail lights. I am going to try and get some paint work done on it yet this summer/fall but we will see.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Just pull this home today
image_zps53d2bafe.jpg

2004 citation 34ft with bunks in the rear. Very clean and well take care of.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
It's nice to see someone over secure a load for once, most guys I see would just have one chain on it

Over secure? Each piece of equipment is supposed to have 4 chains and 4 binders(one each corner). Then the bucket and each attachment is supposed to have one chain and binder each as well. So a backhoe would get 6 chains and 6 binders

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
had to move lots in the rv park the other day... first time with the fifth wheel on her... she is going to need some help in the azz... it sat my dually dead level, even with the 100gal drag tank full in the back... i dont even have the tank in the back yet... its not on perfectly level ground but you can see how much it squats it... its way worse on level ground... due to this truck setting a little higher to begin with im going to have to invert the axles so the trailer sets level... tried to get a side pic on level ground but i didnt have time...
stock ride hight
veju5ete.jpg
jacks up..
ygyre4a3.jpg

live life full throttle

superstroked

Reaction score
had to move lots in the rv park the other day... first time with the fifth wheel on her... she is going to need some help in the azz... it sat my dually dead level, even with the 100gal drag tank full in the back... i dont even have the tank in the back yet... its not on perfectly level ground but you can see how much it squats it... its way worse on level ground... due to this truck setting a little higher to begin with im going to have to invert the axles so the trailer sets level... tried to get a side pic on level ground but i didnt have time...
stock ride hight
veju5ete.jpg
jacks up..
ygyre4a3.jpg

live life full throttle

looking at the space in the fender well on the front and back, it still looks a little higher than level in the back. As it sits, I would say roll with it but, it will probably sag when you add another 800 lbs to the bed with the aux fuel tank. You never know until you try it though.

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
Over secure? Each piece of equipment is supposed to have 4 chains and 4 binders(one each corner). Then the bucket and each attachment is supposed to have one chain and binder each as well. So a backhoe would get 6 chains and 6 binders

I was going off typical wll that tractor doesn't need 20,000of wll securment but I would have to look at my fmcsa book

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
looking at the space in the fender well on the front and back, it still looks a little higher than level in the back. As it sits, I would say roll with it but, it will probably sag when you add another 800 lbs to the bed with the aux fuel tank. You never know until you try it though.

like i said its worse when i got it out of the lot and on the flat pavement..

live life full throttle

oneton

Reaction score

since when?its 1 chain,1 binder for every 10k.some say that or for every 10ft of load length(load,not trailer)

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
stock ride hight

live life full throttle

Think I would be looking at extending the pin on the trailer. WAY to close to the bedside for me. One off kilter move and you have smashed bedsides

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Think I would be looking at extending the pin on the trailer. WAY to close to the bedside for me. One off kilter move and you have smashed bedsides
definitely will be raising it... thats way to close... but i only drove it 150 yrds around to the other side of the park... that was the first load ever in the back of that truck.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online