What have you done to your powerstroke today?

WikedLizard

Reaction score
Sunday.....bought it
Monday.....drove it
Today.....Picked the drive shaft up out of the middle of the road

Attachments

• IMG_9736.jpg
    IMG_9736.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9731.jpg
    IMG_9731.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9730.jpg
    IMG_9730.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69

duddy

Reaction score
I'm hoping so. Tranny going on Christmas day kinda pissed me off. I'm sure day off install video will be coming

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Looks like a broken bolt in the rear pinion flange caused the problem.
Jeep is a 2012.
Ok. I was asking about the Jeep because I have a 08 Jeep Wrangler X 2door. And it's got death wobble. I've been trying to chase down the cause. Just wondering if you have dealt with it or know anyone that has and what was the fix?

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

kjdavis

Reaction score
Ok. I was asking about the Jeep because I have a 08 Jeep Wrangler X 2door. And it's got death wobble. I've been trying to chase down the cause. Just wondering if you have dealt with it or know anyone that has and what was the fix?

Is the 08 lifted?

Usually death wobble is from worn steering components; tie rod ends, drag link, track bar bushings, etc. Have you checked all of them?

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Is the 08 lifted?

Usually death wobble is from worn steering components; tie rod ends, drag link, track bar bushings, etc. Have you checked all of them?
Nope. It's bone stock. 36,000 miles. Everything seems to be in good shape. I've talked to a couple people who said there's had it and they couldn't find anything worn so they started throwing parts at it and both of there's was the track bar. I just saw yours in the pic and it looked like you had some experience with jeeps. So I thought you might have encountered it before. Nice looking jeep by the way.

Latest posts

Members online