WHAT PROBLEMS TO EXPECT

bucksgold3

Reaction score
IM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND TO THE EXCITING WORLD OF DIESELS. I HAVE A 2010 F-250 6.4L COMPLETELY STOCK. IM LOOKING INTO ORDERING A H&S MINI MAX TUNER , A DPF/CAT DELETE AND A S&B INTAKE. MY ONLY WORRY IS WHAT KIND OF PROBLEMS COULD ARISE DURING THE INSTALL OF THESE ITEMS OR IS IT ALL JUST PLUG AND PLAY? THIS TRUCK IS MY DAILY DRIVER AND IF I WERE TO INSTALL ALL THIS ON SAY SATURDAY COULD ANYTHING HAPPEN TO PREVENT ME FROM DRIVING ON MONDAY. IS IT KIND OF A SCARY DEAL TO REMOVE FACTORY PARTS AS IMPORTANT AS THE INTAKE AND DPF (WHICH I HATE) THEN REPROGRAM THE COMPUTER AND STILL BE ABLE TO "GET IT DONE" BEFORE TIME TO GET TO WORK ON MONDAY? ALSO WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO PURCHACE THESE ITEMS?

MINK

Reaction score
YOU MAD BRO??

On the real - I did my delete in acouple hours on a week night. With the H&S you wont need to worry about the sensors in the exaust so its really simple and easy to do.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Hey buddy, there are tons of guys who have some the same stuff and more without any issues. My truck has been tuned and deleted for over a year with no issues at all. if you want give me a call at the shop tomorrow. I can answer any questions you have. 866-925-7892 ext 105.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
One thing I came across was difficulty getting the sensors out of the stock pipe. One i just couldn't get out and ended up accidentally bending it so I bought another one. If your going to do it on a saturday, start early am, and tackle the delete pipe first just incase you need to make a run to Ford. Everything else is real simple!

dstryr

Reaction score
Spray the **** out of the sensors and rubber exhaust hangers with WD-40 or similar before starting...

CamTom12

Reaction score
One thing I came across was difficulty getting the sensors out of the stock pipe. One i just couldn't get out and ended up accidentally bending it so I bought another one. If your going to do it on a saturday, start early am, and tackle the delete pipe first just incase you need to make a run to Ford. Everything else is real simple!

Definitely good advice! But I think with the H&S you don't need the sensors.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
To the OP, just unplug the sensors and i would put a zip lock bag or something over the plug ends and zip tie them to the frame rail, I see everyone has told you that you dont need them but havent told you what to do with them LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.