What would you do? (Bulletproofing)

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Yeah it seems like Driven Diesel has a real nice fuel system. It seems there is definitely shortcuts here to doing bulletproofing or you can go all out which is big money.....

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yes, it gets real deep real quick.... However it gets real old and expensive doing it in steps too, especially if you are paying for labor.

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Yes I am paying for labor hence why I wanna do it all or at least most all in one shot while he is in there.

04stroker

Reaction score
Seems like you have some good info here so far. One little thing I would consider is new glow plugs and possibly harness. If it gets that cold where you are I would want them in good working order and it is cheap enough might as well do it while your in there. The 58v ficm will also help with cold starts. I have not seen much of a performance gain with the 58v ficm but cold starts seem to be better.

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Seems like you have some good info here so far. One little thing I would consider is new glow plugs and possibly harness. If it gets that cold where you are I would want them in good working order and it is cheap enough might as well do it while your in there. The 58v ficm will also help with cold starts. I have not seen much of a performance gain with the 58v ficm but cold starts seem to be better.

I will look into both of those.....being my DD I will definitely need it to start on cold days to get to work.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Rykans injectors are awesome. When you do get a set, i recommend his hands down. His customer service is great too, and turn around time once he gets them is typically only a day or two. I had a buddy wait on a set of 190/30 warrens for over a month...

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Rykans injectors are awesome. When you do get a set, i recommend his hands down. His customer service is great too, and turn around time once he gets them is typically only a day or two. I had a buddy wait on a set of 190/30 warrens for over a month...

Yes I've heard that. I will definitely go to him when I do injectors. Thanks guys!

slc6oh

Reaction score
oh yea, and glow plugs. chances are the harnesses will break, so if you do em, plan on harneses too.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Yeah it seems like Driven Diesel has a real nice fuel system. It seems there is definitely shortcuts here to doing bulletproofing or you can go all out which is big money.....

def gets old/exspensive with a quicknes. but in the long run, I think just about most of us can budget/plan for an extra 2k or so in parts over what we were already planning..

checked/decked/o ringd heads, lifters, push rods, belts, studs, water pump, glow plugs, harnesses, re-o ringed injectors, rear main, exhaust mani studs/gaskets, no limit intake, driven diesel rr, irate up pipes, borg s362, htt360 thrust, new dummies and stands for no reason lol, new stc fitting for no reason (both already updated) I had recently done the oil cooler so I was square there... and a rental car for one week of the two my truck was down, I wanna say I was 5000$ or so, but that was doing all the labor myself. . . its nice to not have to top the coolant off after towing anymore. lol. and the idea of unless I didn't do something right, it should be good for a LONG time. and I'm now into the truck 20k including purchase price, so I don't feel oo bad.. haahah and other than cooking the trans at the track, and a coolant leak that was my screwup. I haven't had any issues.

Reaction score
Rykan is working on a little project for me. He is a stand-up, straight forward , knowledgeable and honest guy. I would not hesitate to do business with him. His whole team including his wife will go out of their way to get you what you need as quick as possible!

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Good deal guys...yes I wanna do this bullet proofing right the first time around. Seems like everyone here backs up Rykan which is a great thing. Good customer service is hard to find these days. Anyone have a good link too the dummy plugs and harness I need? Truck is an 04.

Last edited:

04stroker

Reaction score
Good deal guys...yes I wanna do this bullet proofing right the first time around. Seems like everyone here backs up Rykan which is a great thing. Good customer service is hard to find these days. Anyone have a good link too the dummy plugs and harness I need? Truck is an 04.

With yours being a 2004 are you sure you have dummy plugs? Do you know if you have the early or late style oil rails? 2004 could go either way.

slc6oh

Reaction score
agree, I don't even know how the tubeular oil rails work on a 6l. lol wheres the icp sensor on yours? . . . I did a lot of homework and flea-bayed a large majority of my stuff... typically oem head gaskets come with the latest stand pipes, (for your year) iirc, if your icp sensor is on your pass side rocker cover then you have the newest/cast oil rails, if its not there.... I don't know what to tell ya, but I'm sre someone will know. haha

slc6oh

Reaction score
also, being an 03/04 truck, those are the only ones that the hpop seems to sh1t the bed without warning.... might look into that as well.

Latest posts

Members online