whats most reliable and safe build for the 6.4

Ryanurban123

Reaction score
I'm sure theres already a thread on this but what seems to be the safest tuner exhaust and intake setup on theses trucks or even a little more. The more i read i get a bit nervous with there issues. I use the truck for work and daily. And occasionally towing probably nothing over 10,000 lbs thanks

johnp115

Reaction score
The most reliable build?
If youre trying to keep it basic

Simplest..
-Gearhead Mcc tuning
-No limit intake
-Full turbo back exhaust
-CCV mod
-Egr Delete

Even nicer...
Above +
Uppipes
6.0 Manifolds
Waste gate
Upgraded CAC tube

Better...
Above+
Valve springs
Push rods
Studs
Ported intake (get some airflow and cooler egts)
Traction bars (better shifting manners)
Direct soleniod

In terms of most reliable..lol
Pistons
Rods
Prayers.. jk LOL
Probably missed something here or there but thats an idea with some of the key things in order imo..

Last edited:

Ryanurban123

Reaction score
also what tuners if any won't leave a foot print in the incident something bad happens considering the truck is under warranty thanks

Jbird

Reaction score
Good trans tunes and studs a no limit intake and full exhaust and egr delete and stay out of the throttle lol

B585Ford

Reaction score
For reliability the first response plus a LP fuel system. Run a very mild tune from GH.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Are you wanting to go into the engine? If that is no matter take ~6k and put pistons new lifters studs springs prods and deletes. And all the airflow stuff with maybe a 72 atmo. If you really want it to last put a mild trans build in it and it should last forever

04stroker

Reaction score
All depends on what your wanting to spend etc... For a reliable work truck you want to get rid of dpf/egr just do a nice exhaust, intake, tuner. Just keep it simple and run a low horsepower tune. Let me know if I can help you with any parts have tuners, intakes, and exhausts ready to go.

04stroker

Reaction score
If your trying to keep it simple to return to stock don't do any fuel system, studs, turbos etc... or anything more than exhaust, tuner, intake in my opinion you will kick yourself in the a$$ if you have to take all that back off for stock parts. LOL Honestly if you want to be able to return to stock I wouldn't even do a full exhaust just do a delete pipe keep it simple. All depends in your future goals if you really want power do something like the build stated above.

johnp115

Reaction score
I think studs should be done along with tuner and deletes, that will be pretty reliable if you don't beat it

Yeah definitely tuner and delete level or the second category.

Unless your goal is strictly reliability, cause if you're wanting that you're most likely not going to beat on it and only run a mild tune so i wouldn't think its completely necessary to stud it

04stroker

Reaction score
I think studs should be done along with tuner and deletes, that will be pretty reliable if you don't beat it

I agree, But if he was planning on returning to stock for warranty purposes. (not that I agree with that) just saying as soon as they see studs warranty is gone. Not exactly easy to remove for warranty purposes.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well depending on the year warranty should be up on almost all 6.4s unless it's extended. And I say studs with a tuner and deletes. I rather just do it and not have to worry about blowing a head gasket, people blown head gaskets because a their ebp sensor froze up and spiked ebp through the roof

04stroker

Reaction score
Should be just about out of warranty but he said in his second post he wanted a tuner that did not leave a foot print since he still had a warranty if something bad went wrong.

B585Ford

Reaction score
If your trying to keep it simple to return to stock don't do any fuel system, studs, turbos etc... or anything more than exhaust, tuner, intake in my opinion you will kick yourself in the a$$ if you have to take all that back off for stock parts. LOL Honestly if you want to be able to return to stock I wouldn't even do a full exhaust just do a delete pipe keep it simple. All depends in your future goals if you really want power do something like the build stated above.

I missed where the OP said it is under warranty so I guess the LP system wouldn't be feasible.

Latest posts

Members online