which turbo?

justintimemoto

Reaction score
i have a 07 eith arps 175cc injectors and idp tunes thinking about getting the ii 62/80 or 64mm non vgt turbo. im leaning towards the 62/80 considering i pull heavy once and a while. i get pretty high egts so looking to lowering them. I was reading the 64mm is pretty laggy. can anyone fill me in thanks!

java

Reaction score
Probably the 62 would be a better choice for those injectors but if you are running superchips flashpaq you might want to look into an SCT with custom tunes first.

justintimemoto

Reaction score
i was recommend non vgt but the guy i was talking to never messaged me back. java i have sct and ficm tunes. and what about this manifold and uppipe stuff does it have to be done?

strokin6L

Reaction score
You're really gonna hate that .80a/r on that 62/80. If you want a 62mm non vgt i'd go with the 62/70. Personally i ran the 62/70 from II and i absolutly hated it....very high egts...and the 62/80 will be even worse. If i was you...i'd look into the MTW vgt turbo's

Reaction score
Agreed^ stage 2 would be perfect for what you want to do and you won't have to do manifolds and uppipes. The 68 either river citys or mtws stage 3 will be to big for 175s. I know from personal experience on my 6.0 ... Give Adrian a call or pm and he will get you set up :D

justintimemoto

Reaction score
isn't a power-max just basically a stock turbo just bored out i dont know lol. Do you think a stage 3 would be to big and laggy or just get the stage 2? whats the difference between the cast and billet wheel? will i notice a big difference with the stage 2 with a drop in egts?

java

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the Stage 3 would be laggy while towing. I have 190s with an ssx and it is a bit laggy at times.

Reaction score
isn't a power-max just basically a stock turbo just bored out i dont know lol. Do you think a stage 3 would be to big and laggy or just get the stage 2? whats the difference between the cast and billet wheel? will i notice a big difference with the stage 2 with a drop in egts?

The stage 2 will drop egts a good bit. My cousin has 190/75s and doesnt break 1500* wot on his hottest tune! His cruising temps generally run 500-550 on 100* days. My 6.0 would tow with the 190s and stage 3 but if you didnt keep it spooled egts would sky rocket!!! It was extremely hard to keep spooled in OD runnin 55-60mph while towin ... she wanted to be at 75+ :badidea:

Reaction score
Tbh the intake elbow is a waste of money if you wanna flow alot of air pm steve @ absolute and talk to him about his ported intake manifold... thats gonna make a significant difference for you especially with the stage 2 MTW :naughty:

strokin6L

Reaction score
actually Adrian ran his stage 3 with 175/75 injectors and he said it ran like a beast. So you can run the stage 3 with 175's and be absolutly fine.

Reaction score
actually Adrian ran his stage 3 with 175/75 injectors and he said it ran like a beast. So you can run the stage 3 with 175's and be absolutly fine.

Dont get me wrong the stage 3 runs like a beast wether it be 175s - 190s but its not a towing turbo and the OP says he tows heavy... so for his needs id say the stage 2 with billet wheel would be more of a fit. Did Adrian get those 175s flowed cause he was reporting egts higher than my 190s!!!?

windrunner408

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong the stage 3 runs like a beast wether it be 175s - 190s but its not a towing turbo and the OP says he tows heavy... so for his needs id say the stage 2 with billet wheel would be more of a fit. Did Adrian get those 175s flowed cause he was reporting egts higher than my 190s!!!?

Yea Chris, Briar is right. While Adrian had "175/75 Warren Injectors from Dozer's Diesel", as of right now, we don't know what he had because there wasn't a tuner out there that could get the fuel delivery dialed in for any turbo he ran on his truck. Also the Stage 3 costs about twice as much as what the Stage 2 currently costs and in all honesty, I don't think there is twice the performance for a guy with 175/75s if he went with the Stage 3. Especially for the spool up that the Stage 2 provides. I think if he tows heavy, he should just have fuel pulled and call it a day.

Kbryant777

Reaction score
I'm running a RCD 68 with stock sticks and with eric's tuning it's not much more laggy then Stock. I think it would clean 175's up pretty good and be a pretty mean street truck. I could be way off though since I don't have experience with that set up

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I ran the 68 with 190/100's and it was a great setup. got real tired of the damn whistle so I swapped it out for a couple of non vgt's but the big vgt setup ran hard.

slc dzl

Reaction score
Im in the same boat running 205's with the 68 and its a awesome street truck, but also tired of the whistle it gets old with a stack.

Latest posts

Members online