which turbo?

kdogg85

Reaction score
Aren't some of the t4 divided setups coming out supposed to be great for all around use? Granted my 6.0 was compounded, but the .76 t3 s364 had no troubles spinning up in a hurry, of course it had an s475 to help out but that's further up the rpm range and 205's to boot.

But for drop in and go, can't go wrong with the mtw offerings. And for the whistle, put a damn muffler on, it'll knock it down considerably. since you want to tow, you'll need it anyway.

The stage 3 should be able to tow, but you'll have to open the airways up and throw some fuel down low, now is that extra bit of horsepower worth an intake manifold, porting heads, and exhaust manifolds and up pipes? I've said it many times over, the price per pony gets outrageous once you start dealing over 450hp on these engines. The others are not much better, but it seems worse on the powerstrokes. Ever wonder why the cummins' are alot of peoples first choice, put the ssame horsepower parts lists together and compare.

This is a major de-rail and I apologize, but take advice from someone who has learned the hard, figure out your be all end all goal and just do that, don't buy something just to buy a bigger one later, I could have saved a few thousand bucks just going big and being done.

Reaction score
Aren't some of the t4 divided setups coming out supposed to be great for all around use? Granted my 6.0 was compounded, but the .76 t3 s364 had no troubles spinning up in a hurry, of course it had an s475 to help out but that's further up the rpm range and 205's to boot.

But for drop in and go, can't go wrong with the mtw offerings. And for the whistle, put a damn muffler on, it'll knock it down considerably. since you want to tow, you'll need it anyway.

The stage 3 should be able to tow, but you'll have to open the airways up and throw some fuel down low, now is that extra bit of horsepower worth an intake manifold, porting heads, and exhaust manifolds and up pipes? I've said it many times over, the price per pony gets outrageous once you start dealing over 450hp on these engines. The others are not much better, but it seems worse on the powerstrokes. Ever wonder why the cummins' are alot of peoples first choice, put the ssame horsepower parts lists together and compare.

This is a major de-rail and I apologize, but take advice from someone who has learned the hard, figure out your be all end all goal and just do that, don't buy something just to buy a bigger one later, I could have saved a few thousand bucks just going big and being done.

Well said ^

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea I think the Stage 3 will tow but it does need help with Live tuning and some air flow improvements. Either way though, until someone does it, it will only be theoretical.

justintimemoto

Reaction score
it will be aboout two months i guess i just got to clarify it with nate. ill call today. i was going to go with the hybrid but stage 2 sounds so much better lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.