Why do 6.4 rocker arms wear out and 6.0s dont?

wcso873

Reaction score
Got it. Thanks. I assume we just shoot him a pm for order information?

" Jesus loves you" a wonderful thing to hear in church. A horrific thing to hear in a Mexican prison...

BOSS450

Reaction score
Got it. Thanks. I assume we just shoot him a pm for order information?

" Jesus loves you" a wonderful thing to hear in church. A horrific thing to hear in a Mexican prison...

Yep! I run his in my trucks. He's a good dude. Smart too

78f100

Reaction score
I'm sure that will work, pretty sure he has a website too. I hear lots of good stuff about his oil.

Rubenk

Reaction score
The interesting bit is that he is now an independent shop and still chooses to sell LE products. That says alot IMO.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I've met Jimmy Twice. Stand up guy. and what Rubenk just stated does say a lot. Jim stands by LE's oils. They are great stuff.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Agreed. When I read that a couple of days ago, I sent him a email for pricing on oil to do a complete fluid change on my Ex. It speaks volumes in my opinion.

Reaction score
I did this on my truck build. When you run a 6.4 with its valve cover off there isn't much oil splashing around. Wanting to make my 6.4 as reliable as possible I made a rocker oiling system.

so my question would be; has anyone successfully ran oil to each valve cover like has been mentioned before in other posts using an oil bypass system?

I'd like to think if it's such an issue someone would have developed a way to prevent premature failures.

Real interested in what Airfish says on those HD updates.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
I did this on my truck build. When you run a 6.4 with its valve cover off there isn't much oil splashing around. Wanting to make my 6.4 as reliable as possible I made a rocker oiling system.

Yes this has been done a few times. I was actually just talking to Jim K about this yesterday afternoon. I need to do this on mine actually.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Would this be an easy task using a bypass filter?
My motors apart right now and I have jims bypass filter and if it's a relatively quickly project I think I can talk my awesome Mechanic friend into doing it. Lol

Black AOD

Reaction score
My motors apart right now and I have jims bypass filter and if it's a relatively quickly project I think I can talk my awesome Mechanic friend into doing it. Lol

Yes you can. Call Jim and he can walk you through it actually if you need him to.

powerstroked08

Reaction score

Do you have his number? I might have a job for him to do:ford:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I had heard that ford was doing a type of DLC on the "ball" on the rocker tip. But I can't prove that they did go through with it.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Hahahaha.... yea I do, he's a busy guy and has had this torn apart king ranch in his garage taking up space for awhile now; dumb ass he's fixing it for keeps ordering **** and changing his mind, but I'm sure he can fit you in...

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Any pictures or info on how you did it..

I have a call in to a shop that builds VCs with oil squirters in them.. waiting on more info to see where it could lead.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Ill have to grab pics on Monday but I have a 6.0 here that the rockers are trashed. The tips are flattened out and do not pivot. The oil that came out of this thing wasn't ideal but wasn't as horrid as normal 6.4 trucks.

Latest posts

Members online