Wicked Wheel G2 for 38R Test Results

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
No lock tight, most times I dont even use a wrench. Tighten with hand and reinstall. Its going to get tighter as the wheel spins.

i was gonna say that i am sure i can get it tighter by hand then what littlered posted about 100-120in/lbs..

live life full throttle

littleredstroker

Reaction score
i was gonna say that i am sure i can get it tighter by hand then what littlered posted about 100-120in/lbs..

live life full throttle

I know it was cake. But at the time nobody told me otherwise and I was anal about everything being tqed, now I just tighten it till it breaks then back it off half a turn

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

sidwaz

Reaction score
Has anyone installed one yet? Just ordered mine this weekend, should be here on the 26th. Just looking for some feedback from members who have already completed the swap. Currently I am only making 35-36psi with gearhead tunes and 238/100s. Just installed a dd southbend last night so time to put it to work.

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
Has anyone installed one yet? Just ordered mine this weekend, should be here on the 26th. Just looking for some feedback from members who have already completed the swap. Currently I am only making 35-36psi with gearhead tunes and 238/100s. Just installed a dd southbend last night so time to put it to work.

man iv got the same setup as u let me know how u like the wheel once u get it. maybe give me a walk thru on the install too please sir

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I installed my wheel saturday. I figured id give it a few days of driving before I said anything. Im more then happy with it. The wheel is well worth the money. I like how quick the turbo lights now with little if any lag. I havent seen a huge increase in boost I went from 30-32 max to peaking about 35. I also dont have any big race tunes or anything right now but will next week. I do think it made a differance in sound, its not louder but has more of an air sound and not a loud pitch.
As for the install it went easier then I thought with using an impact wrench.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I installed my wheel saturday. I figured id give it a few days of driving before I said anything. Im more then happy with it. The wheel is well worth the money. I like how quick the turbo lights now with little if any lag. I havent seen a huge increase in boost I went from 30-32 max to peaking about 35. I also dont have any big race tunes or anything right now but will next week. I do think it made a differance in sound, its not louder but has more of an air sound and not a loud pitch.
As for the install it went easier then I thought with using an impact wrench.

What turbine housing you running?

Bigsexy

Reaction score
No sorry I need to chamge that. Its was kinda a joke being I pull in work stock so the guys I hang out with call it a modifed stock turbo.

sidwaz

Reaction score
I am running pmr's as well. Just switched to gearhead tunes from dp recently as well. Before I installed the dual disk I could slip my clutch in any of my dp tunes from econo 80hp and above in 3rd gear or higher. I find the truck has way better drivability with gearhead tunes, never leaves highest setting. Power comes on smoother and egt's are more manageable. Did see a decrease of 5-7psi boost but not even comparable in smoke control.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.