window tint?

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
Hey guys i am going to have my windows tinted this summer. I am thinking about 15 or 20% all the way around? Also i was considering having the front windshield done also, but i do not want it to make it a pita driving at night or during bad weather. What are everyones opinion on % of tint and about the front windshield. Thanks in advance.

B.Warning

Reaction score
I always do my back window 5% and side windows 20% with a 10-12" brow in 5% and just recently did my whole windshield in 50%. Its defiantly noticeable compared to a truck with out. But does not hinder night driving at all. It helps immensely driving into the sun, and cuts down on glare at night that comes from headlights and rain. That's what I would do.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
How much faster will this make your truck? Will it improve your MPG? Do you need an inch tq wrench or a ftpd?

What year motors does this mod fit? Is my TS chip compatible with it?

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
i think he means wrong section LOL ????

Joe likes to jump into every thread that I create to let me know its in the wrong section. Next time before I post a thread I will send him a PM to ask where he would like me to post at, since I cannot seem to get it right.

Joe just an FYI, I looked at the sections before I posted this thread and I had to sections that I thought were suiting to my situation. 1 (7.3 aftermarket) and 2. (7.3 Tech). Out of the two I thought to myself, well I am not having any kind of technical difficulty so, I had better not post this there because that will make the JOE mad. 7.3 aftermarket, hmmm window tint (aftermarket) my truck did not come with it so well it must be an AFTERMARKET improvement on my 7.3. Well surly that must be the right section, and should keep Joe off my A$$ this time........well I guess not, but anyhow feel free to put this in any section you would like with all your powers that you were givin.

Back on track, thank you guys for your input I appreciate your opinion. I like the idea of having the entire windshield done in 50% if it does not create any hazards during night driving and hazardous conditions. But that brings me to my next question. On having the entire windshield tinted how big of a stickler do you think the cops would be? If it comes down to getting a bunch of tickets because of it, I would think just the eyebrow would be a better bet.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Joe likes to jump into every thread that I create to let me know its in the wrong section. Next time before I post a thread I will send him a PM to ask where he would like me to post at, since I cannot seem to get it right.

Joe just an FYI, I looked at the sections before I posted this thread and I had to sections that I thought were suiting to my situation. 1 (7.3 aftermarket) and 2. (7.3 Tech). Out of the two I thought to myself, well I am not having any kind of technical difficulty so, I had better not post this there because that will make the JOE mad. 7.3 aftermarket, hmmm window tint (aftermarket) my truck did not come with it so well it must be an AFTERMARKET improvement on my 7.3. Well surly that must be the right section, and should keep Joe off my A$$ this time........well I guess not, but anyhow feel free to put this in any section you would like with all your powers that you were givin.

Any discussion related to the aftermarket enhancement of the 1999-2003 7.3 Power Stroke will be posted in this forum.

This sections subtitle...

Anything aftermarket that can be applied to the superduty not limited to engine or drive train.

Section it should have been in, or at least a section it makes sense to be in...

I can tell I ruffled your feathers, its just the internet, dont loose sleep over it.

I'm sorry my **** giving bothers you, but in a few days, someone will post a thread in the general section asking about window tinting, then some jackhat will say "use the search function, there is a thread about this right now"... where as if it was posted in the correct section no one would need to get butt hurt.

More or less I thought it was funny... I'm sorry you didnt think it was funny...:lookaround:

IMHO, tint on the windshield looks gay as hell... I could say what it really looks like, but I dont want to offend anyone any further today... :thumbup:

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
I have 5% on top and bottom of front windshield. With 15 over 20 the rest of the way around. Putting it a little darker than 5%. But due to having a cracked windshield I will be doing 50% with a 5% brow.

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
This sections subtitle...

Section it should have been in, or at least a section it makes sense to be in...

I can tell I ruffled your feathers, its just the internet, dont loose sleep over it.

I'm sorry my **** giving bothers you, but in a few days, someone will post a thread in the general section asking about window tinting, then some jackhat will say "use the search function, there is a thread about this right now"... where as if it was posted in the correct section no one would need to get butt hurt.

More or less I thought it was funny... I'm sorry you didnt think it was funny...:lookaround:

IMHO, tint on the windshield looks gay as hell... I could say what it really looks like, but I dont want to offend anyone any further today... :thumbup:
Alright thank you for the clarification, sorry for the confusion.

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
Alright thanks for the input guys I am kinda leaning towards doing 15% on the sides and back and 50% on the windshield with a 5% eyebrow.... if i am picturing it right it should look good. Does anyone have some pics they can post up?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i have stock rear tint, 20% front sides and a 5% 8inch brow.
uze7yqed.jpg

live life full throttle

ghohouston

Reaction score
Alright thanks for the input guys I am kinda leaning towards doing 15% on the sides and back and 50% on the windshield with a 5% eyebrow.... if i am picturing it right it should look good. Does anyone have some pics they can post up?

Not that it matters, but does your state have tint laws? Legal here in texas is 30% on front 2, and you can do anything you want to the back 3, like could spray aint them black if you wanted, and despite these laws, ive had no trouble. I would not go lighter than 5% on any back windows

Tom S

Reaction score
I could see you getting stopped for having a tinted windshield.

young7.3

Reaction score
20% +5% on sides and rear, 35% on front. Dark as chit. That pic is on a very sunny day.

Sent from Prestige Worldwide headquarters!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362459540472.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362459540472.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

young7.3

Reaction score
And another.

Sent from Prestige Worldwide headquarters!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362459765338.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362459765338.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 93

smokin99stroke

Reaction score
I have 5% on the back windows and 15% on the front two and a brow down to the bottom of the rear view mirror. Its kinda hard to see out the sides at night with no street lights, backing up i have to roll my windows down. That being said, I really regret not going with 5% on the front two when my truck is sitting in the sun and the windows are different shades of darkness from the outside. I will be going with 5% on the front two for sure here soon and debating 50% on the windshield. Just dont want to get pulled over

Latest posts

Members online