window tint?

Nic

Reaction score
Have you seen the new ceramic tint yet? Its awesome. From the outside trying to look in its really hard to see in almost like 5% but sitting in it looking out its comparable to 35%. The heat displacement is ridiculous. They have a stand here in town with a heat lamp over limo tint and one over the ceramic and you put your hands under both to feel the difference and its a huge difference. You almost cant feel the heat under the ceramic tint. Downside its about 500 bucks to do a 4 door truck.

dommel01

Reaction score
20% +5% on sides and rear, 35% on front. Dark as chit. That pic is on a very sunny day.

Sent from Prestige Worldwide headquarters!

Hows looking out the windshield? Im wanting to leave the backs all stock 20% on the frony sides and 35 on the windshield, unless you cant see lol

young7.3

Reaction score
It's really not that bad. Don't go with anything less than 5% on the back window, you will want it darker. At night I can't see a car out the sides or back window unless they have their headlights on. people ask me if I have the front window tinted because they can't really tell that it is. I'll take a picture from the inside out today and post it up.

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
It's really not that bad. Don't go with anything less than 5% on the back window, you will want it darker. At night I can't see a car out the sides or back window unless they have their headlights on. people ask me if I have the front window tinted because they can't really tell that it is. I'll take a picture from the inside out today and post it up.

Awesome sounds great man if you can a night time pic with the headlights on would be great to give an idea of night time driving. Thanks man

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Y'all really don't have a problem seeing at night? I would like to do the same to my reg cab and my buddies that had it done aftermarket say it sucks at night. All they see is dashboard reflection(says the 20% guy)

I need this truck for snowplowing and have some bright reverse light mounted too.

Basically how is 15/20% on side windows during a snowstorm on a back road or roads with no streetlights?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i only have 20% sides and i find myself rolling the windows down at night whenever im doing any reversing, weather its lit up or not.. but with just being able to push a button to roll the windows down its no biggy to me... we have tint laws here in MI supposed to only run a max of 35% on the front sides and only a 4inch brow... you would be surprised how well 35% works compared to no tint at all though.

live life full throttle

young7.3

Reaction score
Y'all really don't have a problem seeing at night? I would like to do the same to my reg cab and my buddies that had it done aftermarket say it sucks at night. All they see is dashboard reflection(says the 20% guy)

I need this truck for snowplowing and have some bright reverse light mounted too.

Basically how is 15/20% on side windows during a snowstorm on a back road or roads with no streetlights?

I also have to roll my windows down to back up, and sometimes turn at night so that I know i'm not running over anything. As for seeing at night just look for head lights,lol.

Layson

Reaction score
I have to roll the windows down at night to back up. It isn't too bad in bad rainy weather. Mines only 20% on the front two doors. No windshield tint. A friend of mine just removed his off his two front windows so he can see at night.

I seriously don't know how you guys can run with the front windshield tinted. If you turned on your dome light you wouldn't be able to see out the windshield at night. I bet if your phone lit up it may impair your vision out the front window. Plus in most states you won't drive 10 miles without a cop pulling you over. A brow at the top of your windshield would probably be fine.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I have manual doors so that's a no go then lol

Actually... the junkyard down the way had power doors and windows and a seat with a center in it... could I switch the internals and get it to work? Convert manual to power basically...

Layson

Reaction score
I have manual doors so that's a no go then lol

Actually... the junkyard down the way had power doors and windows and a seat with a center in it... could I switch the internals and get it to work? Convert manual to power basically...

One thing, I think I spent 60 bucks for tint on the front two windows. So if you don't like it, it isn't a huge cost to eat... LOL....

sootie

Reaction score
i dont think i've ever put this much thought into tint before. typically i match the front windows to the cc doors (20%) and if i want it darker go over the back window in a lower %.

my next truck with get 20% all the way around and 35% on the windshield.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That's true. But I'm in HS and only working part time so that $60 could be used elsewhere LOL Hence my dillema

so just go 35% sides, 5% brow and back window.... that alone will make a difference. i didnt tint my windows for looks i did it for sun block on long trips and to stop some heat from getting in from the hotter climates i go to..
live life full throttle

yotaneck13

Reaction score
Y not go to walmart or the local autoparts store and tint them.your self? Its really not that hard.

Cut out the shap of the window. Leave a little extra to be trimmed later.

Scrape the window to be tinted with a razorblade scrapper. ( do not scrape windows with deforster lines in them).

Spray the applicator that can also be purchased at the store. Wipe it down with news paper.

Dont wipe the window with any kind of cloth. Even low lint cloth will leave fibers.

As you peal the film from the tint spray it real good and make sure tou dont crease it.

Gently lay the tint on the window. And slowly work all the air pockets and aplicater fluid towards the edge from the center. Use a rubber scraper. Sometimes supplied with a tint kit.

Be sure to also keep the scraper wet.

Tuck the bottom edge down below the window seal on windows that roll. This will help keep it from peeling. Trim all the edged slightly smaller than the window.

Do NOT roll windows down for 3days to let the aplicator dry completly and the glue adhere completly.

I like to pull the window out of the vehicle. It makes it so much easier.to lay it flat and do it.

Just take your time so you dont crease it or tear it. The key to a clean tint job is getting the window absolutuly clean first. Any dirt or fibers will stand out like a sore thumb.

Feel free go send me a pm if you have any questions. Dont tint if its cold out or the vehicle will be in the cold.

Ebay does sell pre cut tint. Theres the cheap stuff. Dont buy it. It will fade and peel with in a few months. You get what you pay for.

sent while looking at my sled. since theres no freeeeking snow!!!!!

yotaneck13

Reaction score
Cupple tint jobs ive done.

udanasu4.jpg

hedupady.jpg

7y5edu4a.jpg

evyga4yn.jpg

y2uvumen.jpg

sent while looking at my sled. since theres no freeeeking snow!!!!!

07powerstroke91

Reaction score
so just go 35% sides, 5% brow and back window.... that alone will make a difference. i didnt tint my windows for looks i did it for sun block on long trips and to stop some heat from getting in from the hotter climates i go to..
live life full throttle

This is exactly what I have. Huge improvement over stock but I wish the front side windows were darker. I think 20% is a good compromise between darkness and visibilty (I don't care what anyone says, you can't see **** out of 5% at night).

Slowgt2003

Reaction score
If your currently have the factory tint it doesn't cost much to just have the front two windows done (cost me $69) I don't care much for the brow personally. I had mine done at 20% and they match look good and still have good visibility. Another good option is like yotaneck13 stated and that's doing it yourself. You can find in depth videos on YouTube and usually you'll have enough tint that if you mess up there is plenty to redo it. Here's my truck not the best pic but you get an idea.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
I have 5% back window and side windows for the back seat and 35% on the front windows and full 35% on the windshield. Never been hassled about it and honestly will prolly go 15% on the front windows in the summer. Right now its just right with how dark it is but I wanna go a little darker, that and I think whoever did the tint job on it used some cheap tint. I cant stand brows...... just doesnt look right.

Heres a couple pics

528059_10150771237999004_817485358_n.jpg

This one is further away, if ya want I'll get a better shot tomorrow
574626_10150778810109004_2044167437_n.jpg

When its super bright out I still need sunglasses but most days I dont need them. At night it used to suck trying to back up when there was no light but I added some new auxiliary lights that light up very well.

young7.3

Reaction score
I really think if you go any less than 5% on the sides and rear you'll want to go darker real soon. I'll post some pics of mine tomorrow.

Eight

Reaction score
I have 5 on the front two with what I think is a 10% 12'' brow, and 20 on the back windows...honestly 5 on the front two and back glass, 20 on the back two and 50 on the windshield with a 14'' 5% brow and its perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    753.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 77

Latest posts

Members online