Window vent shades

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Which brand and type do you guys have on your truck? AVS, Weathertech, EGR, Wade. Stick-on or in-channel.

How does the auto-up feature work with the in-channel type.

Post pics if you have them.

Thanks

Billy T.
[email protected]

JD3020

Reaction score
We run AVS in-channels in almost all of our vehicles, including 3 SD's. Can't comment for the auto-up, but we have 0 complaints. IMO the stick-ons look like hell, and leave a mess if you ever remove them.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Agree with JD- stick on is ugly and IMO a waste of money as iv seen them come on done.
I have in channel weathertechs on my SD and my dad had me order them for his car; we both love em.
At first I felt like auto up was going to crack them; made a funny sound. But after a couple days it went away; almost like the rubber molding formed to them and sealed really tight.
I caint comment for other brands of in channel vents, ordered mine at same time with digital mats so it was easy...

Got mine from Chris bent on here, I should also note I was super happy with his customer service. My dad's set have skuff marks on them and although they were visible but hard to see in the pictures I sent to him, he got me another set right away.
So +1 for him on taking care of me..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

fnlyfree

Reaction score
When I had my in channels the window did not go up completely straight. Do the weathertechs do that?

The Weathetechs that I had caused problems with auto up at first. Had to stretch window seal out a bit I guess. The auto up worked after a few days, but had noticeable wind noise around window. I tried several things to correct and even got a new set, but no luck. Guess it could just be differences in the trucks.

Koda22

Reaction score
Guess I'm gonna be the ugly ones....I have a set of stick on on my truck....now I'm like everyone else I prefer the in channel ones, but I had a set on my last truck and they stratched my tint all to hell....so reason for going with the stick on ones this time...

Mechcont

Reaction score
Just installed the weather techs on the 23rd and I had a problem the first few times I rolled up the window. I cycled the window up and down a few times and so far so good but time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDT1081

Reaction score
When I had my in channels the window did not go up completely straight. Do the weathertechs do that?

I have no problems with auto-up, Weathertechs, and ceramic tint. I do have a weird vibration noise at certain speeds with a cross wind. Not sure if it's the vent shades or something else.

ocwill1

Reaction score
never had any luck with the in channels on any vehicle I have owned. I have the AVS low profile stick on and they look great. Had them on my F150 as well....

they stick only to the black around the window, no paint..

IMAG0082.png

NY_Mott

Reaction score
never had any luck with the in channels on any vehicle I have owned. I have the AVS low profile stick on and they look great. Had them on my F150 as well....

IMAG0082.png
Best looking stick on's iv ever seen!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
AVS in channels here, no issues with the auto windows.

Do these ^^^ look similar to the stick on version shown below?

IMAG0082.png

Does anyone notice any added noise with any brand?

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
AVS in channels here, no issues with the auto windows.

Do these ^^^ look similar to the stick on version shown below other than being in-channel?

IMAG0082.png

Does anyone notice any added noise with any brand?

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have avs and they are stick ons and they have NEVER falken off or come loose but they have inly been on the truck since oct of 2000. Maybe in time they'll exhibit these quality issues people have had with them. No noise, no issues. I can roll a window down at 70 and its only slightly noisier than all 4 windows up.

My 03 had in channel and they sucked. For the headaches people have had, id never do them again. My stick ons may not look as sleek as none but they've worked too well to try anything else. With the low pro being the exception.

mfoltz

Reaction score
I have wheather tech in the channels and I like them. The auto up had trouble at first but after sitting over night all was good.

sootie

Reaction score
I had avs in-channel and auto up wouldn't work as well as they scratched the tint. Got the avs stick on and have been happy. As it has been mentioned, they stick to the window seal so no mess if removal is required

Latest posts

Members online