WTF SCT egr delete elbow not supported!!!!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I just wish the powerstroke tuning world was like the duramax tuning world. The EFI Live is the king of tuning devices for the Duramax

There is, SCT is just like that. It's just that not everyone is writing tunes on the SCT software as in depth as Eric is. But there are more shops than you could imagine that write tunes on the SCT platform just like EFI platform for Duramaxs.

Now don't get me wrong there are several other shops that put out some really good tunes on the SCT platform other than Eric, Matt over at Gearhead comes to mind. But as I understand it Eric has a different version of the SCT stuff that alows for more control over the programing.

F250stroker08

Reaction score
There is, SCT is just like that. It's just that not everyone is writing tunes on the SCT software as in depth as Eric is. But there are more shops than you could imagine that write tunes on the SCT platform just like EFI platform for Duramaxs.

Now don't get me wrong there are several other shops that put out some really good tunes on the SCT platform other than Eric, Matt over at Gearhead comes to mind. But as I understand it Eric has a different version of the SCT stuff that alows for more control over the programing.

I understand what you're saying but if you look at the custom tuning devices for Duramaxs the only true "custom" tuning device is EFI Live, where there are H&S with KEM tunes, SCT with Innovative, and DashDaq with Spartan for the 6.4.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I'm just saying with the version of the software Eric has he can do anything EFI live can do. And really there is better stuff out there than EFI live for the Dmax. A lot of the Dmax croud has jumped to using HP Tuners, same principal as EFI but from what I hear easier to use and better quality.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Any software you use to tune on would be a "Custom" tune.
Now some just, just like with all vehicles, right a certain power tune and send to all. This has been going on for a long time.
I have tuned many LT1 engines with Tunercat. I am sure the SCT, EFT Live, etc. have more things that can be changed just because of the vehicles becoming more advanced.
HP tuners, which I dont have, but seen used, looks to be pretty easy to use. EFI live I have never seen.
The word custom I use as a loose statement. In my eyes a true custom tune is one that is done on a particular vehicle live. All vehicles are different, some like more timing, some like more fuel. But you can find a happy medium that works for 95% of the cars that get tuned.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Any software you use to tune on would be a "Custom" tune.
Now some just, just like with all vehicles, right a certain power tune and send to all. This has been going on for a long time.
I have tuned many LT1 engines with Tunercat. I am sure the SCT, EFT Live, etc. have more things that can be changed just because of the vehicles becoming more advanced.
HP tuners, which I dont have, but seen used, looks to be pretty easy to use. EFI live I have never seen.
The word custom I use as a loose statement. In my eyes a true custom tune is one that is done on a particular vehicle live. All vehicles are different, some like more timing, some like more fuel. But you can find a happy medium that works for 95% of the cars that get tuned.

This :ford:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
It basically requires Eric and a dyno to live tune it. Then you have an equivalent to EFI life I believe.

onebadf150

Reaction score
Big Thanks to Tadd for helping me get rid of the check engine light so i can at least drive the truck now. I don't think I will keep the RCD file much longer because with the fix in place it feels like the truck still wants to activate the egr butterfly and that makes me uncomfortable to drive it. I called and talked to "bob or paul" I think at innovative today and they said since I was a repeat customer they would give me a discount on the livewire upgrade. for those that have the ID version of the livewire how touchy are the tunes? It feels like most of the big files i've ran are very sensitive on the accelerator which make them very difficult to drive on bumpy streets.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Innovators big files aren't NEARLY as touchy...their easily streetable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Innovative's Tunes are not that bad. It will most likely be worse in my truck than yours since I have 4.88's and I am in the boost all the time just cruising. I am at around 8-10 just cruising on flat ground at 60. The highest tune I have ran is the X-Street and it is fine daily driving, dont think it is touchy at all. Most of the time I ran the tow tune, now the X-Mild. Both are great in my eyes for a daily driver tune. No smoke, temps way down and can tow and go unloaded with either one, which for me is a big plus.

onebadf150

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feedback I returned the truck back to stock and put the livewire in a box next day to Eric. I can't wait to wake the beast!

What tranny tuning option is everyone running?

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
Big Thanks to Tadd for helping me get rid of the check engine light so i can at least drive the truck now. I don't think I will keep the RCD file much longer because with the fix in place it feels like the truck still wants to activate the egr butterfly and that makes me uncomfortable to drive it. I called and talked to "bob or paul" I think at innovative today and they said since I was a repeat customer they would give me a discount on the livewire upgrade. for those that have the ID version of the livewire how touchy are the tunes? It feels like most of the big files i've ran are very sensitive on the accelerator which make them very difficult to drive on bumpy streets.

Im glad we could take care of the light problem for you!

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Most are running the Firmer stock lock while others are running the Race lock. For the lower tunes such as tow and street, you may run stock, softer shifting stock lock, firmer stock lock, or firmer with delayed lock. For the extreme mild, firmer than stock or delayed lock, and with the extreme street and extreme race firmer stock lock or race lock. While all options are there for each tune, this is what I recommend per tune. I run firmer stock lock on all of my tunes, just personal preference

onebadf150

Reaction score
Most are running the Firmer stock lock while others are running the Race lock. For the lower tunes such as tow and street, you may run stock, softer shifting stock lock, firmer stock lock, or firmer with delayed lock. For the extreme mild, firmer than stock or delayed lock, and with the extreme street and extreme race firmer stock lock or race lock. While all options are there for each tune, this is what I recommend per tune. I run firmer stock lock on all of my tunes, just personal preference

Thanks that helps!

Latest posts

Members online