Ww2 for 6.7

Dzchey21

Reaction score
"esp with 2 wheels "

There is only one wheel - it is double sided. The wheel is one solid piece of machined billet and balanced as a single rotating mass. Seems some think the two wheels will come apart. Just clearing that up.

Bob

So what about balancing with the exhaust wheel

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
most turbos are not or should i say a lot of them are not balance with the comp wheel in place. The shaft and turbine are balanced separate from the comp wheel. This is the case on a lot of turbos. not saying that is how the 6.7 is done.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
most turbos are not or should i say a lot of them are not balance with the comp wheel in place. The shaft and turbine are balanced separate from the comp wheel. This is the case on a lot of turbos. not saying that is how the 6.7 is done.

A properly balanced turbo is balanced as an assembly. Adding a balanced billet wheel does not mean the charger is balanced.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
A properly balanced turbo is balanced as an assembly. Adding a balanced billet wheel does not mean the charger is balanced.

That is correct. Some turbos just are not done that way. That was all i was saying.

That is the main reason why if i was to do a different wheel I would pull the turbo and have it balanced with the new wheel.
That would really only be the best. Now there are guys who dont do that and never seem to have problems. well
at least that we know of. t

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Well, whoever it is has no business building turbos with a philosophy such as what you posted. That is really bad info to be giving people as knowledge

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Well, whoever it is has no business building turbos with a philosophy such as what you posted. That is really bad info to be giving people as knowledge

yes. Only some of the ones out there (by this guy) are not balanced. The components are but not as a whole.

Take the 7.3 turbo for example. For years guys have been switching comp wheels around with out and trouble. Why? some guys that do it run them in the 40 to 45 PSI range. Why does it work?

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Im with Colton.... Anyone who looks at a factory turbo up close can see that it is nothing special, no need in spending money on it, save it up and get an entire replacement.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Im with Colton.... Anyone who looks at a factory turbo up close can see that it is nothing special, no need in spending money on it, save it up and get an entire replacement.

That is with out a doubt the best option, but heck if this can take a guy from 475 to 500hp for cheap and it works it may be an ok option until a full replacement is put on. $250 vs about $4000 for a whole kit.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
the thing I like about it is if you do it right (get it balanced) This would be a great option for the guys that keep theres stock and tow in the 6000 plus foot range. The turbos leave a lot to be desired up in higher elevation. This could be a viable option for the ones that want to keep it stock but do better for towing. and still pass the visual inspections.

dieselpower

Reaction score
Remember the "King of the Hill" thing awhile back? How it wasn't even close between the dmax and 6.7? Maybe this would be a good option for people towing in high elevation (if it holds up). Be interesting to see how it would do versus the durapad with this in.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
tuning and balance aside, would this wheel still over speed with the gate left as it was with the stock wheel?

live life full throttle

Super08Duty

Reaction score
tuning and balance aside, would this wheel still over speed with the gate left as it was with the stock wheel?

live life full throttle

If the gate isn't touched and a lighter wheel is installed, theoretically it should spin at a high rpm then a stock wheel. Thus creating overspeed, and possible failure.

For the record, I'm not trying to talk down on bobs parts. I actually like many of his products. My comments are just personal opinions and beliefs.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If the gate isn't touched and a lighter wheel is installed, theoretically it should spin at a high rpm then a stock wheel. Thus creating overspeed, and possible failure.

For the record, I'm not trying to talk down on bobs parts. I actually like many of his products. My comments are just personal opinions and beliefs.

thats not really opinion, thats physics. this may be an awesome option for the stock guy, but at high boost/turbo rpm, it sounds scary. i think bob is going to test soon on a tune. bob is the king of testing, so i highly doubt anything will be left untested.

Latest posts

Members online