Younger1993 build

MorganY

Reaction score
Injectors are in, cab is down. Before I did anything else, went to buzz the sticks, and got nothing in return. Checked voltage, got 0v on all the screws, KOff and KOEO. Been looking through some info and I think that I may have switched the PCM com wire, with the FICM relay control wire on the main PCM harness (I had a wire color discrepancy) no big deal, should be able to figure it out tomorrow. Worst case ill run the pinpoint procedure for P1378 (Big thanks to Weston for sending me copies of the connector layout, and FICM schematics without thinking twice!!)

As I was looking through the schematics.. I noticed wires on the main FICM harness from the (2 out of 4 per injector) injectors are twisted for purposes that I am not aware of, obviously its important or else it wouldn't be there in the first place, guessing it has something to do with interference. My question(s) for someone more knowledgable on this subject, or has done this extension before...

Should I go back into my harness and twist the extended wires, or leave it alone?
If I leave it alone, am I going to experience a bunch of gremlins?
(Extension is just over 3 ft long)

Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
just curious but wouldn't it have been much easier to fix the ccv vs relocating.the ficm? personally, I'd rather get a catheter with a cactus vs mess with all that wiring...

MorganY

Reaction score
just curious but wouldn't it have been much easier to fix the ccv vs relocating.the ficm? personally, I'd rather get a catheter with a cactus vs mess with all that wiring...

Lol! It was sitting in the back of my head since I saw the longer e series harness pop up. Like the idea that I won't have to replace a half shell every year now. The CCV just gave me the excuse to do it now.

MorganY

Reaction score
Yup, switched the PCM com wire with the relay wire. Ran a buzz test all 8 are good to go. Twisting wires now. Should have it started today

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
what exactly does the twisting do? also, what gauge wire did you use to extend it? im going to try to do that same thing.

Garrett

it keeps consistency in the current through the wire transition. I always twist the wires together and then solder, then heat shrink over it. never any continuity loss, if you dont twist them you can lose it, just because it is soldered doesn't mean its good.

Its like a ground strap, if its loose, than it wont ground properly.

Snoop

Reaction score
Twisting wires is mainly for signal. Ever seen CAT5 or telephone wire and see how they are twisted pairs? Any high frequency signals should use twisted pairs to resist "noise" from other electircal lines that run next to your signal wires. Twisting the wires also acts as a strain relief in this case.

MorganY

Reaction score
919-93ED736B603C-4329-000002DD2300928E_zps2db43301.jpg

We gotta eat first, final countdown gentleman.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.