Younger1993 build

strokin6L

Reaction score
Ceramic coating? If its ceramic it will hold up to the heat no question.

My pipes are getting dipped through a water transfer process (hydro graphics).

Morgan...its not ceramic coating. Its what you mentioned...MTW is doing graphics on their compressor covers..carbon fiber is also one of the options. So far the ones who have it...have been holding up to the heat

MorganY

Reaction score
Morgan...its not ceramic coating. Its what you mentioned...MTW is doing graphics on their compressor covers..carbon fiber is also one of the options. So far the ones who have it...have been holding up to the heat

Yes sir that's what I gathered earlier. Looks promising; holding up to the heat of the stock turbo location. Only dilemma is that my secondary-primary hot side pipe is about an inch away from the hot side CAC pipe. When I pull it off to fix the exhaust leak, I'm going to wrap the pipe one more time to help keep the heat away. After driving the truck pretty hard, the under hood temps are very hot with the added charger and piping.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Morgan.. here's Matt's carbon fiber CAC pipes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-08-13-04-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-08-13-04-52.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot_2013-04-08-13-05-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-08-13-05-45.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 112

the chad

Reaction score
Morgan I think you'll be fine. That's the same stuff they wrap gun barrels with, obviously it's not a sustained heat, but I think it should last.

MorganY

Reaction score
Disappointing news...the painter said the film wouldn't stick to the stainless. He's going to paint them black for now.. Looks like ill have to get them powder coated.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Did they get sand blasted or something? Why not leave them natural for now?

MorganY

Reaction score
Did they get sand blasted or something? Why not leave them natural for now?

No all I did was polish them. I wanted a simple, easy on the eyes, carbon fiber pattern laid on them to take your eyes off of the scarring around the welds from the grinding. I did more harm than good in the process of flattening them out.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Morgan's truck will be there for you to see coop a loop. The pipes not getting dipped is unfortunate, but there may be some things we can try in order to get them dipped. If not, powder coating will still looks great. Even raw, the local diesel crowd was throwing compliments left and right.

Latest posts

Members online