Zf6 rarity

kb156

Reaction score
if i recall, the zf-6 can only handle 650 ft llbs of torque.. which is like stock on a 6.4, so your lowest tune like stated above

Dieselfever

Reaction score
There has been a lot more than 650 lb/ft put through one, that's just the factory rating. As for the stock clutch my brother has an 08 regular cab 6 speed and with the Mini Maxx on mild(80 hp) it will slip the clutch under heavy throttle

dozer

Reaction score
My stock clutch wasn't happy from day one after I deleted the dpf and a no power tune. I went with a SB DD 3250. No complaints at all. Holds strongs with mods in sig. Great street manners. Almost same pedal pressure as stock. Not much louder. Only time I really know its an aftermarket clutch is reverse up a hill or pushing a trailer, and WOT.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
Got a zf6 in my 08 its a xl regular cab. Manual windows and locks bench cloth seat. Put 1090 torque through my tranny and it loves it

59fordcummins

Reaction score
I've got a CCSB F-350 XLT, ZF-6, I've had south bends 550hp single, and it held great until I upgraded my turbos, so then I went with there 3250 Dual Friction Dual Disk, rated for 750hp and it started to slip after I broke it in properly, so South Bend upgraded my pressure plate to a 3600 for no charge, since my rig only makes roughly 675hp, my tranny is going back in later this week. As far as drive ability, I love it, if you didn't know it was stock you would be able to tell driving it, would recommend South Bend Clutch to anyone and everyone, awesome customer service, and great product.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I've got a CCSB F-350 XLT, ZF-6, I've had south bends 550hp single, and it held great until I upgraded my turbos, so then I went with there 3250 Dual Friction Dual Disk, rated for 750hp and it started to slip after I broke it in properly, so South Bend upgraded my pressure plate to a 3600 for no charge, since my rig only makes roughly 675hp, my tranny is going back in later this week. As far as drive ability, I love it, if you didn't know it was stock you would be able to tell driving it, would recommend South Bend Clutch to anyone and everyone, awesome customer service, and great product.

What are your mods?

slowcoupe

Reaction score
Another 08 ZF owner here. Picked up my 08 job 3 CCLB XLT with 44K on it about 2 weeks ago up in Boise, ID and drove it back home to Vegas. I couldn't be more happy.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
if i recall, the zf-6 can only handle 650 ft llbs of torque.. which is like stock on a 6.4, so your lowest tune like stated above

The ZF-6 was once used in medium duty dump trucks applications and should handle significantly more than 650ftlbs. IIRC I was eye balling specs and I saw a F750 application w/ the cat and cummins were wall above the 650lb range and the ZF-6 was an option. I do wanna say there are several sled pullers w/ the Zf-6 and their 7.3, 6.0 and 6.4 are way beyond the 650 mark. I recall Dr. Speed being over 650 on his 7.3 and broke all sorts of cr@p but never a ZF-6.

My 7.3 6spd was fine until i ran the diablo race tune then the clutch began to slip.

Last edited:

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Cai, 4" turbo back, H&S hd300, Valair ceramic dual disc with billet flywheel.

It did 568hp which I think is a little low... The dyno doesn't load quite hard enough so it was only building 40-42lbs boost... On the street it will hit 52-54lbs...

Last edited:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Nice! Im really hoping to put up some good torque as well once my build is done my goal is 1200# but i just might make more than that.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Do you have MCC? Or just the "canned" hd300 tunes? I liked my 300 tunes but i didnt like the smoke so i messed with the file and now have a 300 thats smoke free.

Latest posts