13-16 Spartan tuning

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Ya I hate returning to stock, just didn't know if the tunes came on the ngauge or if I had to get them from an email and then install them

3brorce

Reaction score
A few people have been inquiring about how the SOTF will work, so I'll go ahead and post some details.

Basically, once you install the switch, you'll choose a base file for the tuning. The BETA will have the following selections:

SOTF Tune, Smoke Limited, Mild Lockup
SOTF Tune, Smoke Limited, Aggressive Lockup
SOTF Tune, Unlimited Fuel, Mild Lockup
SOTF Tune, Unlimited Fuel, Aggressive Lockup

The switch will allow you to choose between HP levels, in the same range as our normal files for the 15/16- Stock, 450HP, 500HP, 550HP, and 600HP. The 11-14MY vehicles will allow switching between Stock, 80HP, 120HP, 165HP, and 200HP (which are similar increments to the 15/16, we just assigned the 15/16MY files by wheel HP instead of gain HP)

With switch on the fly is duration, rail psi and timing all on the fly or just duration?

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Ok, I don't have a *** system, or egr, or any factory intake piping ect.. Can I just return to stock with sct then load the ******* tune or do I really need to find a factory exhaust and install it on the truck, then a egr system and install it. Don't want any issues or a messed up truck.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Well, love the new tunes! Egts are way down and shifting is awesome, power is way better as well. Comparing to my i.d.p hot street tune. I'm running the enhanced shift 500hp tune. Couldn't be happier! Way to go guys! Also love the early converter lockup on the enhanced tune.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Well, love the new tunes! Egts are way down and shifting is awesome, power is way better as well. Comparing to my i.d.p hot street tune. I'm running the enhanced shift 500hp tune. Couldn't be happier! Way to go guys! Also love the early converter lockup on the enhanced tune.

Great to hear!

We are looking at around the end of the year, beginning of January on SOTF release.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Got some miles on the 500 enhance trans tune. Could not be more impressed with it. The shifting is better then any tuning I have seen. I use to always say I wish my 6.4 shifted anything like Eric's race tuned 6.0. Well this is better by far. Locks up right a way. shifts are smooth and clean. Firm up as you get into the throttle. Throttle is not touchy at all. Basically everything you could hope for in a tune other then a working exhaust brake... I don't see myself running anything larger for a tune. Don't want to play games with the trans. Goes really good with the 500 tune.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I'm shooting for tomorrow to swap mine out. I'm expecting similar results.

cappa

Reaction score
A few people have been inquiring about how the SOTF will work, so I'll go ahead and post some details.

Basically, once you install the switch, you'll choose a base file for the tuning. The BETA will have the following selections:

SOTF Tune, Smoke Limited, Mild Lockup
SOTF Tune, Smoke Limited, Aggressive Lockup
SOTF Tune, Unlimited Fuel, Mild Lockup
SOTF Tune, Unlimited Fuel, Aggressive Lockup

Just wondering the details on the mild vs aggressive lockup. I assume the torque converter locks up earlier with it on aggressive. Is that easier on the tranny? What is the advantage of mild? Is it only if you are worried about having the smoothist shifts possibl ? Is there more slip and wear with mild? Are these options only with the shift on the fly or do the current tunes have these same options? Also with the smoke limited vs unlimited fuel what is the deal? Assuming they make the same power either way does it affect spool time or egt's with one vs the other?. Sorry bout all the rookie questions just trying to wrap my head around all this as I have a 15 and want to keep the tranny healthy as long as possible, so far looks like your shifting is working great thou. I am pumped for the ndash, hope it is released soon

Last edited:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Normal driving and hard on the throttle I have seen no smoke out of the 500 tune. I am sure if you jump on it from a stop but I am talking normal driving. I am not sure if it's just how good the shifting is or what. But the 500 tune feels really strong. Going to go drive my 6.4 some for comparison.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.