13-16 Spartan tuning

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Now that's impressive..

They are extremely impressive considering the limitations of the earlier models. Still won't come out in top compared to an equally matched 6.4 head to head, but from what we've seen here at the shop it's a difference measured in feet and not truck lengths.

morepower02

Reaction score
A 350 ******* tuned 6.4 and the 600 on a 15/16 will run neck and neck in the quarter. The 6.7 has a tendency to come out on top in the 1/8 mile, the 6.4 edging it out a bit on out past the 1000ft toward the 1/4.

How's the trans holding up on the 15-16 at that level?

PyroFighter

Reaction score
They are extremely impressive considering the limitations of the earlier models. Still won't come out in top compared to an equally matched 6.4 head to head, but from what we've seen here at the shop it's a difference measured in feet and not truck lengths.

Any concern with bending rods on the 600 tune? Or did I miss the memo of 15/16 having different rods than 11-14 models?

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Is the ngauge in stock or still a waiting list? I think I'm ready to order one. I don't think I can wait any longer for the ndash.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Is the ngauge in stock or still a waiting list? I think I'm ready to order one. I don't think I can wait any longer for the ndash.

You'll need to check with sales; jut give us a call or email Spade at sales@*******dieseltech.com. We had another batch arrive, but they may already be sold (I've been hiding on the back working on SOTF, not sure on exact status).

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Are all the factory safety's in play on the 450 tune? Towing heavy for a good trip. Don't have anything set up for egt yet. Just checking to see if it will still defuel if things get too warm.

uga33

Reaction score
Are all the factory safety's in play on the 450 tune? Towing heavy for a good trip. Don't have anything set up for egt yet. Just checking to see if it will still defuel if things get too warm.

I believe so. When we didn't have the ECT2 sensor plugged up the other night, the truck threw a wrench light and had codes on my buddies '15. It wasn't happy. That was with the 450 tune. The 550 race tune didn't throw anything. I know on my lower tunes on my '12, they are there. Truck will not go over 1000* EGTs when towing heavy. Not because it is set to hold it back there, but because the truck just runs that cool.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I was about to ask the same question. LOL
Mine was dropped off today...hopefully find time this weekend to install it and see what's up.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score

All of the warnings are in place (you'll get a check engine light and instrument cluster warning) for ECT, EOT, and charge air temperature, however it will not defuel on it's own. The pedal lifting would need to be done by the driver.

If anyone wants a 450HP or 500HP tune with those in place, I'll be happy to make one (it is on my list of things to add to the tuner for production).

There actually is no factory EGT defueling, oddly. All of the factory de-rate was done based on exhaust temperature in the aftertreatment, which obviously disappears with race tuning.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
A few people have been inquiring about how the SOTF will work, so I'll go ahead and post some details.

Basically, once you install the switch, you'll choose a base file for the tuning. The BETA will have the following selections:

SOTF Tune, Smoke Limited, Mild Lockup
SOTF Tune, Smoke Limited, Aggressive Lockup
SOTF Tune, Unlimited Fuel, Mild Lockup
SOTF Tune, Unlimited Fuel, Aggressive Lockup

The switch will allow you to choose between HP levels, in the same range as our normal files for the 15/16- Stock, 450HP, 500HP, 550HP, and 600HP. The 11-14MY vehicles will allow switching between Stock, 80HP, 120HP, 165HP, and 200HP (which are similar increments to the 15/16, we just assigned the 15/16MY files by wheel HP instead of gain HP)

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
My assumption is the switch plugs into either "tuner" then the "tuner" has to stay plugged into the obd2 port? So with SOTF we wouldn't be able to run a CTS or similar monitor without a splitter in place?

Latest posts

Members online