1995 cclb restoration and build

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Haha, it won't be smoke free! It's mechanical with lots of fuel. I'm debating on a common rail conversion for it next year

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Dt530 is significantly larger physically and will not fit without relocating radiator and chopping up the body. That's why I opted for the 360 as it fits without molestation. That and ill be taking it 440 cubic inches when the 5k rpm mark becomes an obstacle

Last edited:

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Then build a different DT360 commonrail. I can't it would be too hard to get 5.9 or 6.7 parts to fit.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Why build a different motor to swap it to common rail? I've already figured out what all I need to do to make this one common rail should I for shure choose to do so! The hardest part will be having lines and nozzles made and adapting sensors

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Yeah I know, the commonrail swap would be cool if it's setup so you can switch it back if you want to.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I think you should junk this build and build a truck for each different motor then you could have it all! :morons: Looks good man, any progress is good progress. :thumbsup:

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I think you should junk this build and build a truck for each different motor then you could have it all! :morons: Looks good man, any progress is good progress. :thumbsup:

Progress is slow right now, between having to pay in on taxes for the first time ever (a lot) and looking at houses, I'm taking my time! How bout you? Excited to defend your title this year? Looks like some good competition entering!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Progress is slow right now, between having to pay in on taxes for the first time ever (a lot) and looking at houses, I'm taking my time! How bout you? Excited to defend your title this year? Looks like some good competition entering!

I am ready to defend it for sure, just need my damn truck put together. The timeline is way closer than I like, but Wayne is going to spend every hr available to get this beast there if need be. I wanted to be running it for a few months for reliability and testing, but that isn't possible. I have done pretty much all that can be done to make sure it will live, rods, filling the block, cryo and ceramic coating the inside of the heads and valves.(new to me but should help in the possibility of cracking from heat). There will be a few heavy hitters out there, I am just hoping to out drive them. ;)

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I have not heard of ceramic coating the valves and heads yet... Sounds rather intriguing! Sounds like you're playin for keeps though! When I get my truck up and operational I would really love to enter for that and see what happens. Haven't looked into their rules too much yet to see if I can even be accepted with my motor

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I think the rules state you have to have a engine that was and is used by the Big three...

Even if you cant get in.. you still will have one sweet rig!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have not heard of ceramic coating the valves and heads yet... Sounds rather intriguing! Sounds like you're playin for keeps though! When I get my truck up and operational I would really love to enter for that and see what happens. Haven't looked into their rules too much yet to see if I can even be accepted with my motor

they will just see the name on the signup sheet and say *** no... not this guy, no matter what motor is in his ride!:D

all that ceramic work sounds very interesting.

live life full throttle

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I think the rules state you have to have a engine that was and is used by the Big three...

Even if you cant get in.. you still will have one sweet rig!

Well if that's the case, takes my next truck out of the running too! Next one I'm currently searching for the motor. Perkins is all I will say! I believe in real motors, not these weak little buggers offered in the pickups!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.